GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Anyone seen this random code? Never pops up when reading codes, but sometimes pops up when first going to the code screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
So, i'm about to do a firmware update using the file VW_JB4_OBDII_5A_3.hex

I don't have the laptop hookup, only the jb4 connect app. Just wanna make sure that's all i need. Engine off, ignition on and hit it ! Won't it loose Bluetooth connectivity at some stage ? My iPhone has a good charge. Anyway, pays to double check all of this before i potentially brick my newly installed jb4 !

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
So, i'm about to do a firmware update using the file VW_JB4_OBDII_5A_3.hex

I don't have the laptop hookup, only the jb4 connect app. Just wanna make sure that's all i need. Engine off, ignition on and hit it ! Won't it loose Bluetooth connectivity at some stage ? My iPhone has a good charge. Anyway, pays to double check all of this before i potentially brick my newly installed jb4 !

Stay close to the bluetooth connectkit,
Do not operate the phone during the update ...
is fast

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Stay close to the bluetooth connectkit,
Do not operate the phone during the update ...
is fast

Yes thanks, i updated last night, and it updated without issue. (always a little nerve wrecking updating firmware !) anyway it went through without issue. I think i am also noticing better drive-ability on the lower RPMS which is fantastic, as that was something i felt as a little laggy when i first hooked it up.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
So I haven’t played with my JB4 for quite a while now and I think I might be way behind the times. Just got a new phone and did the firmware update. As I’m looking through my user settings, my custom map 6 and saved configs are all gone!! Can anyone point out what’s new?!?! I had to look back at all my old screen shots on my phone to get some numbers. Fuel bias was also all set to 0 so I changed them back to 100, FOL was 0 so I set it back to 50, and future use D was 0 but I left that as is since I never got a cel with my spacer. I’ve read somewhere about setting “6 cyl timing logging” to 1 but what does that do?? Also, is there anything new that I should be looking at? Last thing I remember that I changed was future use D for auto clear.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
To get the one Diggs missed,

1. Set to F series all which is the norm or E Series N54. These are only for fault reading and have some built in limiters that are both the same and apply to VW.
2. 1500rpm value is what tells it if it must be additive or absolute. If its under 10 the JB4 will function as additive and 10 or over it will work as absolute.
8. In additive 0.1 means that it will not add any boost. 1 will allow the JB4 to add 1psi max etc. In absolute around 17 will allow stock boost (we cant go lower than stock yet but will in future firmware).
10. Boost safety we normally set 2-3psi over max boost.

Just saw this... I initially set engine to VW, should I change it to E series N54??

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know how to reset the JB4 back to factory? Say if you're going to sell it on afterwards so its not tied to your JB4 Connect app ?

Its the Bluetooth module that locks. to the app. Go to Settings then View account settings and whilst connected click Unlink.
The JB4 does not lock to anything.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So I haven’t played with my JB4 for quite a while now and I think I might be way behind the times. Just got a new phone and did the firmware update. As I’m looking through my user settings, my custom map 6 and saved configs are all gone!! Can anyone point out what’s new?!?! I had to look back at all my old screen shots on my phone to get some numbers. Fuel bias was also all set to 0 so I changed them back to 100, FOL was 0 so I set it back to 50, and future use D was 0 but I left that as is since I never got a cel with my spacer. I’ve read somewhere about setting “6 cyl timing logging” to 1 but what does that do?? Also, is there anything new that I should be looking at? Last thing I remember that I changed was future use D for auto clear.

The 6cyl timing turns off the nanny. Leave it on unless you are running +8psi anywhere.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
What do i need to do to get Speed Timing to work ? Last 0-60 is blank as is Best 0-60.

Would love to see the differences between the different maps.

Thanks in advance

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
What do i need to do to get Speed Timing to work ? Last 0-60 is blank as is Best 0-60.

Would love to see the differences between the different maps.

Thanks in advance

My JB4 Mobile app for iOS updated days ago, and now it's working.
And also the MPH sensor and MPH GPS ...