GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will VW 17" 'Goal' wheels fit a 2017 GTI with PP brakes?

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking at picking up a set of the OEM 17" GOAL wheels to use with winter tires. Does anyone know if these will my 2017 GTI with the Performance Pack?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 990

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
yes, they will fit.

Google “VW Goal Wheels Golf R” and you can see pictures.

Any reason why you are going with these?

They are 17x7 and heavy.

So many nicer 17x8 wheels on the market that are lighter.

As an example a set of Konig Rennforms in 17x8 are 16lbs and $800.

I think the goals are nearing 25lbs.

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, great points. There are many wheels I would like to upgrade to, but as I was looking for a winter wheel, I found a set of Goals locally for <$300. They're strictly for winter tires, and the weight doesn't bother me, because the streets where I live are pretty terrible. I have summer tires on my OEM Austin wheels, which I may eventually upgrade to something else.

Thanks for your input. Considering that they are going to be strictly a winter wheel set, does that make more sense?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, great points. There are many wheels I would like to upgrade to, but as I was looking for a winter wheel, I found a set of Goals locally for <$300. They're strictly for winter tires, and the weight doesn't bother me, because the streets where I live are pretty terrible. I have summer tires on my OEM Austin wheels, which I may eventually upgrade to something else.

Thanks for your input. Considering that they are going to be strictly a winter wheel set, does that make more sense?

Is that $300 for the set?

Also, how does changing the wheels affect the TPMS?

We have an ABS based system so as long as they are all the same size you should be ok.

You can also reset it through your radio (car controls)

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
What do people think? It that fair for a set of 17" winter wheels?

That's a decent price for a set of OEM wheels. Most of the 17"s that Tire Rack sells are in the $100+ range (per wheel), and those aren't nearly the same quality as VW OEM.

As far as the weight is concerned, for winter, I wouldn't be concerned. If anything, heavier wheels would be better, since weight = traction in the snow. More weight helps the tires cut through the snow to find the road surface, instead of just sliding around on top of it. Yet another reason why, whenever possible, its better to have narrower tires for winter. (Unfortunately it's not possible on the GTI, if you want your speedometer to be accurate.)

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
They'll fit fine, I ordered my MK5 with Anthracite Goals and I kept them for winter wheel duty on my MK7 GTI with PP. Just make sure the idiots mounting/balancing the tires don't double stack the weights.

Considering you can't get these new anymore, $300 is a steal if they are in good shape. I got a 5th when they were still available new when I curb rashed one and use the damaged one as a full size spare.

I run 215/50/17 for winter for some extra sidewall.