GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Charger Scat Pack

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
I actually ran a Charger Scat Pack this weekend with a tune on 93 oct and some mild weight reduction. My mods are on the sig below.

We were dead even till 140 when we shut it down. Probably one of the best races I've ever had. Neither one of us would pull away from each other. Shook hands and called it a tie. That same night I ran a stock 6th gen Camaro SS with the rear seats/spare tire removed and beat him by about a car or so from 40-140. The Charger ran him as well, with the same outcome.

In short, yes an IS20 GTI can at least hang with a stock scat pack Charger, as long as it is properly tuned/modded.

Nice man! That tune sounds like it's hitting all the right notes.:cool:

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I raced one of these at the track. Ran an 11.8 in street trim and tires vs his 12.2 quarter mile. At stage1.5 you're pretty evenly matched from a roll, however you should be able get the jump from a dig in the street.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I raced one of these at the track. Ran an 11.8 in street trim and tires vs his 12.2 quarter mile. At stage1.5 you're pretty evenly matched from a roll, however you should be able get the jump from a dig in the street.

Charger scats trap right around 114mph stock, so I don't think a stage 1 or 1.5 gti would keep up. Average stage 2 is20 car would be even I'd imagine.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Yeah he's talking about me. I've got a stage 1.5 R

I stand by my previous post :D

You can surprise the hell out of a lot of muscle cars with the MK7 R, some guy with an '03 Cobra and Vortech Supercharger was giving me sh*t when we were checking in at tech. He said he made 430whp and runs low 12s. They told me my stock tires due to having rubber valve stems are only rated for 11.99. I asked tech what happens if i run 11s, to which the Mustang owner replied "you're not going to run 11s". I told him i will gladly line up with him and he laughed at me. First pass i ran against the Scat Pack and clocked the 11.8. Did not see Cobra driver the rest of the evening :)

Last edited:

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT

You can surprise the hell out of a lot of muscle cars with the MK7 R, some guy with an '03 Cobra and Vortech Supercharger was giving me sh*t when we were checking in at tech. He said he made 430whp and runs low 12s. They told me my stock tires due to having rubber valve stems are only rated for 11.99. I asked tech what happens if i run 11s, to which the Mustang owner replied "you're not going to run 11s". I told him i will gladly line up with him and he laughed at me. First pass i ran against the Scat Pack and clocked the 11.8. Did not see Cobra driver the rest of the evening :)
People who talk outta their ass are my favorite. They are the sole reason why I still own a GTI and not a muscle car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4

lmaaaaooo love it.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

shouldve put money on that, make him pay out of his mouth.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
People who talk outta their ass are my favorite. They are the sole reason why I still own a GTI and not a muscle car.

:D They are the best, although once I did a few irresponsible pulls against a brand new Coyote mustang. I walked on him every time but he was cool about it. He was probably the most humble Mustang owner i've ever met. Pulled over and asked me if it's an R, we talked for a bit and went on our way.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
shouldve put money on that, make him pay out of his mouth.

I wish, i looked for him all night. I think he may have seen my time and avoided me.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I just realized I made a booboo.. OP talked about a Charger .. I raced a Challenger Scat Pack. Either way should see similar results, video proof attached. I took off late BTW

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYUiiWBg7b1/

Last edited:

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed
Having owned an R/T Challenger go from a full stop. Unless he's running drag radials he'll never catch up. Those things have no traction and one of the major reasons I joined the 21st Century.

And that's coming from a 71 year old "muscle cars forever" convert.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

The last time I was at the track I was teching in my very stock looking/sounding GTI and the guy asked me what it would run. I said high 12s, (stock all season tires) and he hesitated and said "yeah, uhhh, I'll just put 13s". First pass was a 12.92 lol.

Next time I go the car will look and sound just as stock but be making 70+whp more.

It's fun to be the underdog, especially on the street.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
The last time I was at the track I was teching in my very stock looking/sounding GTI and the guy asked me what it would run. I said high 12s, (stock all season tires) and he hesitated and said "yeah, uhhh, I'll just put 13s". First pass was a 12.92 lol.

Next time I go the car will look and sound just as stock but be making 70+whp more.

It's fun to be the underdog, especially on the street.

A lot of the guys in tech are old school muscle car guys, they have no idea how quick these turbo 4s got over the years. Next time i go to the track, I'm shooting for a 10.9x stock turbo time. I am setting bar high but I'm confident i will run low 11s with ease on my new setup. Can't wait to see what they have to say when i'm checking in, just so i can prove them wrong once again. :D

Last edited: