GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016+ Clubsport Modifications - Part Numbers

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser (part numbers 5G6807568AF041 - rear diffuser and 5G0807531B041 - smaller centre piece/Underrun Bar) will fit a MK7 GTI and if so will it fit without the need for additional parts and/or modifications?

I want to fit a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser to my MK7 GTD together with a new custom exhaust but it seems nobody has done this but I believe the standard MK7 GTI rear diffuser fits the GTD directly as the bumper is the same so working backwards a bit I should be able (ish) to confirm what I am looking to.

Thanks.

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi does anyone know the part number for the clubsport gloss black side skirt to fit a 5 door? And can you take off the original GTi Matt ones and replace with a gloss ones from a club sport or do you need extra fittings ? Thanks Neil

5G0853855B041 (left)

5G0853856B041 (right)

I don't believe they are compatible with the MK7 GTI though. It appears that the MK7 GTI and GTD share the same part. The MK7 GTI Clubsport and Golf R 7.5 appear to use the same part (as above part numbers). They are fixed to the car differently with additional bolts etc. so I doubt they will work on a MK7 GTI. Even if they did fit they are mega expensive. It would be cheaper to have your original ones painted gloss black.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Been reviewing parts numbers for springs.

I know we tracked down the CSS front springs previously in this thread, but i don't think we found the rears (or at least posted it here). 5Q0411105JF for fronts and it appears that the rears are 5Q0511115HL; slight difference from the GTI PP as 5Q0511115HM.

I suspect these are of course the euro spring rates we're talking about as the NAR PP Springs appear to be 5Q0511115FF while the NAR non-pp is 5Q0511115AC.

Just an FYI if anyone else was wondering about this.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
Been reviewing parts numbers for springs.

I know we tracked down the CSS front springs previously in this thread, but i don't think we found the rears (or at least posted it here). 5Q0411105JF for fronts and it appears that the rears are 5Q0511115HL; slight difference from the GTI PP as 5Q0511115HM.

I suspect these are of course the euro spring rates we're talking about as the NAR PP Springs appear to be 5Q0511115FF while the NAR non-pp is 5Q0511115AC.

Just an FYI if anyone else was wondering about this.
Do you know the spring rates?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Well my front Clubsport spoiler/lip flew off at normal speeds on the highway today today. So that's cool...

philli

5G0853855B041 (left)

5G0853856B041 (right)

I don't believe they are compatible with the MK7 GTI though. It appears that the MK7 GTI and GTD share the same part. The MK7 GTI Clubsport and Golf R 7.5 appear to use the same part (as above part numbers). They are fixed to the car differently with additional bolts etc. so I doubt they will work on a MK7 GTI. Even if they did fit they are mega expensive. It would be cheaper to have your original ones painted gloss black.

I was searching for these sideskirts and asked Kunzmann.de if they would actually fit on a MK7 GTI - and they confirmed this would work. Although I'm doubtful now when seeing this.

But agree: they are SUPER expensive. At Kunzmann they are 599 EUR.

Is the only difference between the CS and the GTI sideskirts, the paint? Or do they have a different look as well?

Does anyone have any other suggestions to sideskirts that are a bit 'look a like'?

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Kunzmann also told me that a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser would fit my MK7 GTD as a straight fit without additional hardware which is incorrect. The part will fit but needs additional parts and fasteners which come on the MK7 GTI bumper but not the MK7 GTD bumper.

I'll have a look tonight to confirm but the side skirts are different and mount differently so are a different shape at least on the mounting side. On the outside they may very well look identical - same shape etc. but one in satin black/textured finish and one in a smooth gloss black finish but they are a different part outside of the paint I'm nearly sure. I'll double check and let you know.

I am having my original MK7 GTD side skirts painted gloss black this week so hopefully they will turn out nice. A lot cheaper than the €599 CS skirts that probably won't fit my car anyway too ;)

philli

Kunzmann also told me that a Clubsport GTI rear diffuser would fit my MK7 GTD as a straight fit without additional hardware which is incorrect. The part will fit but needs additional parts and fasteners which come on the MK7 GTI bumper but not the MK7 GTD bumper.

I'll have a look tonight to confirm but the side skirts are different and mount differently so are a different shape at least on the mounting side. On the outside they may very well look identical - same shape etc. but one in satin black/textured finish and one in a smooth gloss black finish but they are a different part outside of the paint I'm nearly sure. I'll double check and let you know.

I am having my original MK7 GTD side skirts painted gloss black this week so hopefully they will turn out nice. A lot cheaper than the €599 CS skirts that probably won't fit my car anyway too ;)

I also got the CS rear diffuser for mine (also through Kunzmann), and while the mounting was pretty straight forward, we also noticed that it was not spot on identical - but we managed. Looks great as well.

Thanks and appreciate you checking, as I am quite confused on this point. However, at that price I was actually also just going to get the GTI side skirts on mine painted gloss black (along with the mirror caps), if the look was not too different. Would be cool to see the result of yours once you've got it mounted!