GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LF input on custom exhaust for GSW-4motion

Zorro1

Given the lack of aftermarket exhaust systems for the GSW- 4motion, I’ve decided to go "custom". The reason I use the quotation marks is because all I’m looking for at the moment is for a nicer sound/rumble and some nice tips. I’ve seen a couple guys go that route and looks/sounds great.​
If I understand correctly, the piping for the 1.8 is 2.25", if all I’m looking get is a deeper sound, is it ok to just stay with the 2.25" piping and just add some less restrictive mufflers & tips?​
I’ll be adding a JB4 does that make a difference in terms of increasing the diameter of the piping by ¼"?​
Next year, I plan to switch it up to an IS20…is the 2.25" piping enough or will it need upgrading to 2.5"?​
Any input is appreciated!​

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I’m doing a golf r downpipe (sans one cat), midpipe with resonator and a custom single exit (driver side) to an aftermarket muffler. Just got to pick out which muffler I want. Probably get a vibrant 2.5”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zorro1

I’m doing a golf r downpipe (sans one cat), midpipe with resonator and a custom single exit (driver side) to an aftermarket muffler. Just got to pick out which muffler I want. Probably get a vibrant 2.5”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're replacing the stock resonator with an aftermarket one?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo