GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7 Headlight replicas

kcmkvii

I tried this today and received a general lighting error on the MIB + incorrect coding values error from the BCM.

Can anyone confirm that they have done this change with aftermarket ballasts?

I have, with no errors. I did not change anything with the DRLs as they were functioning properly with stock/factory lighting coding.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
I have, with no errors. I did not change anything with the DRLs as they were functioning properly with stock/factory lighting coding.

Could you post you BCM part number?
If you were able to code aftermarket HID’s then you might have a mid/high line BCM.

kcmkvii

Thank you!

I have ambient lighting as well, also rain/light sensor. But I'm thinking there might be some other option that you have, maybe ACC or Lane assist?
Both my MBC and Gateway are Mid units, unfortunately.

edited my last post after you replied. neither ACC/LA - I've got 5Q0 937 087 N, though, so that is likely the key factor unless you've got the same # BCM. Not too pricey on ebay, considering the integral nature of this part in making something as simple as LED/HID lighting work correctly..

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
edited my last post after you replied. neither ACC/LA - I've got 5Q0 937 087 N, though, so that is likely the key factor unless you've got the same # BCM. Not too pricey on ebay, considering the integral nature of this part in making something as simple as LED/HID lighting work correctly..

Sourcing a used one isn’t too expensive. My issue is removing component protection via my local (and clueless) VW dealer :)

dmcgrath009

Ready to race!
Mk7.5 reps would be very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crayola

Anyone have condensation issues with these? Just noticed my driver side has some pretty bad condensation after a week of rain and cold weather in my area. Any tips on how to dry these out or know where to look first?

Last edited:

darth_furious1

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have condensation issues with these? Just noticed my driver side has some pretty bad condensation after a week of rain and cold weather in my area. Any tips on how to dry these out or know where to look first?

I'm also from the bay area (alameda) and got the same cold wet weather this past week. My replicas look good still. I had the same problems on my mk6 replicas. For this car, I put in about 5 silica gel packets in and screwed it shut. No issues since.

If you can get some silica gel packets, put it in. You can leave them open and let it air dry also. My issue was that it left water stains once it dried. It remained foggy looking though it was dry

magogliati

DRL errors

Anyone getting any DRL errors? I've had these lights on for about a year and now I'm getting intermittent "check right daytime running light". I've spoken with ed and there are some things I can check, just wondering if anyone else has gotten something similar.

cb61

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone getting any DRL errors? I've had these lights on for about a year and now I'm getting intermittent "check right daytime running light". I've spoken with ed and there are some things I can check, just wondering if anyone else has gotten something similar.

I do.