GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoulArmored GTI

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Damn retired Floridians! I’ve moved around quite a bit in my time and must say as a state, Florida has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. Terrible. And I’ve lived in New York City, New Jersey, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico and Florida at the top of the list.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Another FL GTI! Grats on the new ride, liking the progress. Did you do the exhaust yourself or was it done at a shop? Need a sound clip.

SoulArmored

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn retired Floridians! I’ve moved around quite a bit in my time and must say as a state, Florida has some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. Terrible. And I’ve lived in New York City, New Jersey, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico and Florida at the top of the list.

Haha agreed. I have driven cross country twice and was born and raised in NY and yes these FL drivers are not good.

SoulArmored

Passed Driver's Ed
Another FL GTI! Grats on the new ride, liking the progress. Did you do the exhaust yourself or was it done at a shop? Need a sound clip.

I'm in Ocala FL. I'm working on creating a good video for sound clips. I had a shop fabricate it but I supplied design/muffler and tips. I'm overall very happy with it!

SoulArmored

Passed Driver's Ed
GOLF R SPRINGS ON GTI

First: My goal of doing this was to
1: Fix the factory suspension reverse rake
2: Lower the car slightly while not maintaining said rake
3: Enhance great driving experience

After a lot of research I found nobody who had actually done this....well I took one for the team. Research told me they would fit but how would it ride and how would they sit? I also could not find a set of springs that did not seem to solve the rake issue though the Driver Gear springs seems to be closest to what I wanted.

How I went about it:

Find Factory Spring Rates GTI:
Front - 175 lbs/in, Rear - 230 lbs/in

OEM Golf R Spring Rates:
Front - 195 lbs/in, Rear - 245 lbs/in

Eibach Pro-kit (R) Spring Rate:
Front 177 lbs/in, Rear 257 lbs/in

Seeing Spring Rates are very similar in front the ride should be close to factory (and it is) and the drop should be close to advertised (it is). The rear should be stiffer than stock but not jarring and the drop should be slightly less than advertised (it is)

2017 GTI-S DSG
Eibach Golf R; E10-85-041-01-22

Front Drop- 7/8"
Rear Drop- 5/8"

I now have a 1/4" Rake (front lower than rear)

Very happy with how it rides, feels and looks! Rear is much more planted...I don't think a rear sway bar upgrade is needed anymore. Still running the stock struts/shocks but with the minimal drop I don't foresee an issue. Hope my experimenting helps out fellow enthusiasts. Any questions feel free.

Thanks
Evan

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SoulArmored

Passed Driver's Ed
First Oil Change at 1500 Miles. Heard lots of great things about this oil. Looking forward to getting it in. I'll report back after some mileage. Using OEM Filter as well.

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice work on the taking one for the team. Any other side pics of the car?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Car looks great. [emoji1303]

Good info on the Eibach R springs. Nice summary of the spring rates. Wondering how the DG springs slot in, spring rate wise. I will look this up.

I’m close to finally pulling the plug on DGs. I’m also DSG so have read that reverse rake should not be an issue. Like you, also want a moderate drop for least impact to ride quality and stock suspension parts.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Intake Modification Details:

The factory is well designed piece with a few tweaks and will perform much like the R600 Intake after. On the Driver's Side the section is blocked (see Pic 1) forcing air only to be drawn from the passenger side. (see Pic 2) The passenger side is also open on the back so air can also flow into the engine compartment. Opening up the driver's side allows air to be drawn in across the length of the grill directly into the airbox. (see Pic 3) This gives you the benefit of an air intake without the cost and maintains a nice factory look. Combine this with a High Flow Filter and the result is much better throttle response and potential for power gains especially with a tune.

Have you looked into this? Part 5Q0129849

Fills that opening in the back of the stock intake.