GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Golf TSI 1.8T (base) Stock Dyno Results

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Resurrecting this thread back from the dead. Just bought a 2016 SportWagen SEL (auto) and had a huge feeling based off my butt dyno the power numbers from VW might have been off. Been a Subaru guy for 10+ years (multiple WRXs & FXTs) and this car did not seem that far off. As a matter of fact, this feels faster than the 2.0 liter Subies I had. Started doing a bit a research and saw the GTIs were grossly underrated. Had a feeling it was the same with the 1.8 TSI. Doing more research, seems that is the case! Knew I was right...

Found further proof VW is probably using the 1.8 TSI engine found in the Polo GTI as someone mentioned. In the the link below, look at the stock wheel power numbers in the description (192WHP/233WTQ). Pretty much the exact same what the OP put down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfRHMqoEhg

Welcome to the underdog club ;)...Have a look around and feel free to ask questions about your mod plans. Come join us on the mk7tsi fb page too and introduce yourself...

Dutchman1101

Welcome to the underdog club ;)...Have a look around and feel free to ask questions about your mod plans. Come join us on the mk7tsi fb page too and introduce yourself...

Thanks! Since I'm still under warranty, I think the only thing I *might* do is the APR Plus stage 1. After reading a few posts on the last page of this thread, it seems these things (auto tranny included) can easily handle that extra power. Also, and not to get too off topic, I do need to get some better tires however as these stock Bridgestones (Potenza RE97AS) are straight trash. Bought the car w/ 9,700 miles on it late December. I now have around 12,200. Hands down, the worst tires I have ever had on a car. The reviews for them on Tire Rack are comical...

Slick99

Ready to race!
Is this mk7tsi FB page only for 1.8T golf or any 1.8T mqb cars?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Is this mk7tsi FB page only for 1.8T golf or any 1.8T mqb cars?

We have Golfs, GSW's and Alltracks so far but we don't discriminate. If you have 1.8T MQB, you're more than welcome to join.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Joining now :) Going with the APR IS20 tune here shortly. I will have some dyno numbers to compare.

Slick99

Ready to race!
We have Golfs, GSW's and Alltracks so far but we don't discriminate. If you have 1.8T MQB, you're more than welcome to join.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Thanks, will join now.