GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto Issue?

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Every time I use a voice command in Android Auto with "okay google" or simply pressing the mic button, it never returns to the media audio / radio once the command is complete. It will stay silent until I hit the mic button again twice to deactivate it. If you adjust the volume while it's silent, you'll see it's adjusting the volume of the voice or android auto, instead of media, even though the command is complete.

This is super annoying. Anyone have a fix for this? It was intermittent before, but now it happens all the time. This happened with my Nexus 6P, and is now happening with my new Pixel XL. So I think this is related to the head unit somehow not being able to detect when the command is complete.

Is there a factory reset on the infotainment somewhere?

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I have the EXACT same problem with my car and Android Auto with my Droid Turbo 2. No idea what the solution is. Android Auto has had multiple updates on my phone and the issue persisted.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
I have the EXACT same problem with my car and Android Auto with my Droid Turbo 2. No idea what the solution is. Android Auto has had multiple updates on my phone and the issue persisted.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
It's such a PITA I wish there was a solution to this.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Same here. It's kind of hit and miss. Does it sometimes and sometimes not. No rhyme or reason.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Happens to me on a rare occasion. Rebooting my S7 Edge usually resolves the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Every time I use a voice command in Android Auto with "okay google" or simply pressing the mic button, it never returns to the media audio / radio once the command is complete. It will stay silent until I hit the mic button again twice to deactivate it. If you adjust the volume while it's silent, you'll see it's adjusting the volume of the voice or android auto, instead of media, even though the command is complete.

This is super annoying. Anyone have a fix for this? It was intermittent before, but now it happens all the time. This happened with my Nexus 6P, and is now happening with my new Pixel XL. So I think this is related to the head unit somehow not being able to detect when the command is complete.

Is there a factory reset on the infotainment somewhere?

It happens when in A Auto and listening to any media from the infotainment system such as radio or music held on the hard drive (jukebox). It resolves itself if you listen to Google play music but otherwise it gets stuck in SDS mode. These software bugs need to be fixed....it's shit and VW blame the phone...I've had it on all the O/S by Android....including Oreo!

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
It happens when in A Auto and listening to any media from the infotainment system such as radio or music held on the hard drive (jukebox). It resolves itself if you listen to Google play music but otherwise it gets stuck in SDS mode. These software bugs need to be fixed....it's shit and VW blame the phone...I've had it on all the O/S by Android....including Oreo!

Exactly. I don't even bother mentioning it to a dealer because you know they won't do anything about it and blame the phone. I asked if there's a firmware update for the infotainment and of course the answer is "no". But who knows if they even checked.

It makes sense that it would work as expected when listening to music via an app in AA, since the audio gets stuck within AA. Too bad I like to use satellite radio and micro SD for my music listening.

Also, what's "SDS" mode?

Anyway, I really wanna know wtf caused this because it used to work fine for me, then became intermittent, then just out of the blue it happens 100% of the time. Once in a while I can handle, but all the time is annoying beyond belief.:mad:

I tried factory reset on all settings on the infotainment, and also tried a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, but none of those worked. My next step would be to track down the fuse for the infotainment and pull that. Maybe it will help.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the infotainment via a hidden menu?

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
Exactly. I don't even bother mentioning it to a dealer because you know they won't do anything about it and blame the phone. I asked if there's a firmware update for the infotainment and of course the answer is "no". But who knows if they even checked.

It makes sense that it would work as expected when listening to music via an app in AA, since the audio gets stuck within AA. Too bad I like to use satellite radio and micro SD for my music listening.

Also, what's "SDS" mode?

Anyway, I really wanna know wtf caused this because it used to work fine for me, then became intermittent, then just out of the blue it happens 100% of the time. Once in a while I can handle, but all the time is annoying beyond belief.:mad:

I tried factory reset on all settings on the infotainment, and also tried a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, but none of those worked. My next step would be to track down the fuse for the infotainment and pull that. Maybe it will help.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the infotainment via a hidden menu?

SDS is speech dialogue system, ....Its a bug with the infotainment system. Basically VW don't do much about issues like this unless they are pushed. Try emailing VW boss at Wolfsburg. Before they do anything they need 5 complaints so you are best to contact the following with as much detail as possible. I've tried everything and can replicate it on demand, any reset is a waste of time as is resetting your mobile device.

Mr Matthias Mueller

buero.mueller@volkswagen.de