GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Napierville track day

NCR-R

Ready to race!
For those not on MR... we are starting to plan a track day for late this month/early October. Once details get posted I will share here in case anyone is interested in joining.

Even if you don't run at the track the drive there and back is fun also (we meet up usually at the Tim's on Innes by the 417).

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Me too, I'm in pending date.
Either of you interested in splitting some GT260+? I was going to get a 5 gallon pail but will look at a 15 if there is some interest.
(104 octane race fuel, oxygenated with 13-15% ethanol content).

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Are you going to only use that or mix?

Now that I have tested with Boostane twice - the first time I mixed at the track and ran faster (trap) every single pass. The ECU continued to adapt.

The second time, last week, I mixed the night before and drove about 100km before getting to the track. Boom - full speed consistently and set my PB.

I would probably pull over on our way to Napierville and fill a full 15-18L from empty into the tank so the ECU can adjust the timing and boost map for a bit. Go big or go home! :) Big difference doing it this way.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I went to Napierville last night, my best run to date 13.4 @111.92 mph with a 2.39 60' time. Traction is non-existent until 3rd gear.

How does October 7th or 14th sound for a meet?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I went to Napierville last night, my best run to date 13.4 @111.92 mph with a 2.39 60' time. Traction is non-existent until 3rd gear.

How does October 7th or 14th sound for a meet?

Damn that's terrible. I won't go that far if its that bad :-(

What ED settings were you using? I think we can get your trap up quite a bit if you switch for Maestro :D

Assuming you come and I go, if I make a record pass and shut it down, you are welcome to make a pass on my slicks - no burnout though lol.

Just rolling to the line and not spinning them you are guaranteed minimum 2.0-1.9 60'. 1st gear will dead hook.

Last edited:

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Damn that's terrible. I won't go that far if its that bad :-(

What ED settings were you using? I think we can get your trap up quite a bit if you switch for Maestro :D

Assuming you come and I go, if I make a record pass and shut it down, you are welcome to make a pass on my slicks - no burnout though lol.

Just rolling to the line and not spinning them you are guaranteed minimum 2.0-1.9 60'. 1st gear will dead hook.

It's only that bad when that don't prep the track haha. It's substantial better on the weekend! My ED settings are 92/24 On the IS20. Sam said that he didn't think it was worth it to go Maestro on the IS20...

My IS38 should be back from G-Pop shop next week and I'll be get a Maestro tune once installed :-D.

I'll absolutely take you up on your offer to run slicks thank you! What size are your wheels and slick tires? I've been looking at a set of used drag radials on the Facebook page.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
The wheels are 16" steelies. Tires are 26x9.5x16.

How much did you want to spend on drag radials? Trust me when I say - do not go radials. Do it once, do it right. It is no fun going to an unprepped track/poor traction and spinning the entire time. Luskville here has had bad days and I still can cut 1.9's consistently even when they don't spray.
I still have like 60% or so tread remaining on mine, if you are interested I would be willing to sell you mine? I want to upgrade to 15's and go all out :) No pressure. Either way you can give them a go.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
The wheels are 16" steelies. Tires are 26x9.5x16.

How much did you want to spend on drag radials? Trust me when I say - do not go radials. Do it once, do it right. It is no fun going to an unprepped track/poor traction and spinning the entire time. Luskville here has had bad days and I still can cut 1.9's consistently even when they don't spray.
I still have like 60% or so tread remaining on mine, if you are interested I would be willing to sell you mine? I want to upgrade to 15's and go all out :) No pressure. Either way you can give them a go.

I was on the fence about drag radials and now I'm convinced that I should just buy slicks. I'm going to pick up a set of 15" wheels myself :-D! I'm looking at Voxx MGA 15x7 5x112 et20 wheels. What wheels are you going to buy?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Haven't even got to the planning part. M&H 172 17" are an option as well - Ryan used them to pull a 1.69 60'. They are legit and would fit a ton of rims. I don't run tubes and 15" would need to with our cars.

Definitely get slicks though. Your axles alone will thank you :D

madelinot

Ready to race!
Radials are good for the streets. I used to run 305s R-compound radials on my daily driver (700hp). If you want something for the track, get slicks.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Haven't even got to the planning part. M&H 172 17" are an option as well - Ryan used them to pull a 1.69 60'. They are legit and would fit a ton of rims. I don't run tubes and 15" would need to with our cars.

Definitely get slicks though. Your axles alone will thank you :D

I did not know 15" wheels with slicks would require tubes...? Well, that would be a pain to deal with. I'll have to learn more about that. In the mean time, I'll look into the M&H tires you mentioned, thank you!