GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rotary polisher thoughts?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
unless you REALLY know what you're doing, stick with an orbital.

You will get the same results and you won't end up removing the paint on the fenders and other curves on the car.

If you have experience and want to know about this brand of polisher, then maybe someone else can chime in.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No experience with that brand, but it's an orbital which is what you want.
Seems to have good reviews.

TroyScherer

Ready to race!
I thought Rupes was money to burn, until I used one and realized it was and is worth every single penny of what I paid. Makes my Griot's BOSS look bad.

Agreed.

I only really suggest a Griot's polisher for someone new just looking to get into detailing and not sure they will ever do more than their own car once a year. If they catch the bug then the Griot's is a good backup / 3" polisher for when they setup.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion

Agreed.

I only really suggest a Griot's polisher for someone new just looking to get into detailing and not sure they will ever do more than their own car once a year. If they catch the bug then the Griot's is a good backup / 3" polisher for when they setup.
Oh absolutely! I would, and have, always suggested a Griot's for starters. They work well enough for beginners and experienced alike. I still like my BOSS, but that Rupes Bigfoot man....it is like butta. I put the 5" backing plate on mine to make it a tad more versatile.

wiredbean

Passed Driver's Ed
I park my car outside and like to wax every month using the ammo method. Considering the rupes 21 for basic maintenance and speed right now... knowing at some point I will need to use it for correction. Any thoughts? Advice?
Would this be extreme overkill? Don't mind it being a little overkill [emoji57].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I park my car outside and like to wax every month using the ammo method. Considering the rupes 21 for basic maintenance and speed right now... knowing at some point I will need to use it for correction. Any thoughts? Advice?
Would this be extreme overkill? Don't mind it being a little overkill [emoji57].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Porter Cable DA is like 1/3 the cost and works just fine.