GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Installed 42 draft designs hubcentric/wheelcentric 10/15mm spacers and ECS stud conversion kit. I don’t think I could have gone any wider in front with the Michelin tires being on the wider side for a 225 tire.

Edumacate me...

Why the need for a stud conversion kit?

Car looks great BTW. Good call on the 10/15 spacers.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Since it finally warmed up a bit i just did my second oil change with Liqui-moly 5w-40, and tossed in half a can of MOS2 for good measure. :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Ck256

It warmed up a bit in Central Ohio so I thought it would be a good opportunity to install 3M Pro Clear Bra PPF - not sure that was the greatest idea, but the film is on. Has some flaws from my amateur install but I'll live with it to save $500 - put that toward Stage 1?

Renck

Ready to race!
Vinyl wrap for the back of the roof and spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Edumacate me...

Why the need for a stud conversion kit?

Car looks great BTW. Good call on the 10/15 spacers.

Thanks

Because racecar! :D

Honestly though, it makes wheel swaps easier by a smidge. If I ever make my way to a track I will be covered. Less wear and tear on hub threads.

But really the main reason is it is a good excuse to go out to the garage and fuck around with the car. Lug bolts would have been cheaper by quite a bit....

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks

Because racecar! :D

Honestly though, it makes wheel swaps easier by a smidge. If I ever make my way to a track I will be covered. Less wear and tear on hub threads.

But really the main reason is it is a good excuse to go out to the garage and fuck around with the car. Lug bolts would have been cheaper by quite a bit....

I have them on my E46 BMW and it's a game changer when swapping winter wheels, rotating tires, working on brakes, etc. I need to consider them for my our new TDI.

As far as our car, I swapped the back wiper blade that was falling apart and topped of the DEF/Adblue.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Vinyl wrap for the back of the roof and spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Did you do it your self? Curious on the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Did you do it your self? Curious on the cost.

Yep, DIY done at home today as the day was perfect (not too cold and not to hot).

Total cost was $88.39

3M 1080 Series Gloss Black Vinyl $38.49
3M Design line knifeless tape $29.95
Vehicle wrap vinyl tool kit $19.95*

* Don't buy the kit if you already have squeegees at home and a couple of magnets (magnets are needed if you don't have anyone helping you to keep the vinyl in place).

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Yep, DIY done at home today as the day was perfect (not too cold and not to hot).

Total cost was $88.39

3M 1080 Series Gloss Black Vinyl $38.49
3M Design line knifeless tape $29.95
Vehicle wrap vinyl tool kit $19.95*

* Don't buy the kit if you already have squeegees at home and a couple of magnets (magnets are needed if you don't have anyone helping you to keep the vinyl in place).
Awesome thanks for the info sir!

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Got a full interior and exterior detail

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!
Wrapped my roof today also. Been learning for about a month on various YouTube tutorials. It’s easy as hell.

Nicely done!

Yeah, the vinyl installation was really easy. In my case, most of my time was used washing the car, using clay bar (roof only) and removing the antenna.

Did you use knifeless tape?