GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Headlight Error - Help please?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
"AFS error"

Both mine cornering OEM h7 bulbs has ended within 2 months after just 3 years use. Very odd message in the display which made me confused. Didn’t think repair was so easy…:D.

I expected them to last at least 10 years since they almost never are active. Perhaps the problem is that they are off/on all the time during dark season.

I have had Philips extreme vision in another car, lasted as long as expected.

/Peter

I'd ask if you it any extreme bumps but I hit one and it didn't hurt my bulbs. When I had my MK4 I was always replacing bulbs. Never replaced an incandescent bulb on my MK5. Do you put a pot of miles on you car?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I'd ask if you it any extreme bumps but I hit one and it didn't hurt my bulbs. When I had my MK4 I was always replacing bulbs. Never replaced an incandescent bulb on my MK5. Do you put a pot of miles on you car?

No I don't use bumpy roads. If I need to I go sloooowly :).
The R will soon be 4 years old and have 48000 km / 30000 miles on the odometer now. I suspect the on/off switching to be the reason.

/Peter

pbrunts

08 Rabbit
Car(s)
mk7 Golf R
No I don't use bumpy roads. If I need to I go sloooowly :).
The R will soon be 4 years old and have 48000 km / 30000 miles on the odometer now. I suspect the on/off switching to be the reason.

/Peter

I'm now having the error message again for the second time in under a year. I replaced the OEM lights in April 2018 with these Philips lights from amazon that lasted about 8 months. Anyone else having issues with short lived bulbs? Is it because they aren't OEM? Not exactly expensive but definitely annoying.