GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev'n Step MK7 Videos!

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I honestly can't understand how vortex still exists as a forum. You actually have to search for the threads with actual owners.

VWvortex was founded by hardcore VW enthusiast Jamie VonDruska and a few pals back in the late '90s. It instantly became huge in the community and was one of the largest online automotive forum sites of any brand. It soon became Jamie's full-time "job" and he was even on the payroll with VWoA as a consultant, for a pretty fat salary. Remember when the Mk4 20th Anniversary GTI came out? The colors were chosen by VW via a poll taken at Vortex.

Jamie & his partners sold out to VerticalScope a couple of years ago for a HUGE 7-figure buyout (I know the number but I'm not sure if they ever disclosed it publicly so I won't mention it here.). VerticalScope is a huge conglomerate that owns the vast majority of the automotive enthusiast websites that exist today. So it's not surprising that Vortex has become what it's become. And it's a bummer.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I have a youtube channel with a few videos that have substantially more views than Deviation01's, and I can tell you from experience he is doing it more for fun and hobby than money... Give the guy a break already sheesh, there is some information that's usefull and entertaining for some GTI folks there so what's the problem?

:D What is your channels name if you dont mind me asking. You can PM if you dont want to share. I would like to sub!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
VWvortex was founded by hardcore VW enthusiast Jamie VonDruska and a few pals back in the late '90s. It instantly became huge in the community and was one of the largest online automotive forum sites of any brand. It soon became Jamie's full-time "job" and he was even on the payroll with VWoA as a consultant, for a pretty fat salary. Remember when the Mk4 20th Anniversary GTI came out? The colors were chosen by VW via a poll taken at Vortex.

Jamie & his partners sold out to VerticalScope a couple of years ago for a HUGE 7-figure buyout (I know the number but I'm not sure if they ever disclosed it publicly so I won't mention it here.). VerticalScope is a huge conglomerate that owns the vast majority of the automotive enthusiast websites that exist today. So it's not surprising that Vortex has become what it's become. And it's a bummer.

Quite a story. Never knew all that and I'd been on there since about 2000.

I will say that the forums for older cars like MK1/MK2 Cabby Scirocco are still good and I've had a lot of great help with my '90 Cabby. The newer ones aren't because of all the vendor shit.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Interesting info in Vortex. Been on there since 2000. Spent most of my time in the Mk3 and Corrado forums.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

A bummer indeed. Headache central going over there anymore. I tend to prefer you fuckers around here anyway.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Check out the latest video. The link is also in the main body of this post.

Going e30 tune on the is38 (wish it wasnt winter)

https://youtu.be/nPRKQoFBbTY

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
DO WHAT? So we need to click on the link to learn what it's about? No thanks, senator.

The Fed I really do love you a lot

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Pics on how they help in snow.

With OE flaps.

No flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro