GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Heel / Toe" Accelerator Pedal Extension

wave

Ready to race!
I would agree with this but it depends on how you drive. I think I would want the gas pedal as low as possible, because when I'm threshold braking at the track, the brake pedal is pretty far down making it hard to get the other part of my foot over to the gas.

Thanks a ton for posting those pics, I'm for sure going to buy and install that. And OP, I wish you luck on your DIY. Always nice to be able to make things however you want and to your personal liking.

I understand that. I think for me, the brake is already too close, so I had to raise the gas to be comfortable. Also, I have Brembo's on the front of the car and aggressive EBC pads all around, and with the BBK my brake pedal travel has been reduced significantly. I have more pedal travel in my gas then I do in my brake by far. So this problem you describe isn't an issue.

No problem, I hope it works for what you are looking for. Also, I would recommend you remove the pedal to install this one, it's much easier to get the straps on and tightened securely. The instructions are very good and I just followed them for the most part, with the addition of some thread lock on the screws.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I understand that. I think for me, the brake is already too close, so I had to raise the gas to be comfortable. Also, I have Brembo's on the front of the car and aggressive EBC pads all around, and with the BBK my brake pedal travel has been reduced significantly. I have more pedal travel in my gas then I do in my brake by far. So this problem you describe isn't an issue.

No problem, I hope it works for what you are looking for. Also, I would recommend you remove the pedal to install this one, it's much easier to get the straps on and tightened securely. The instructions are very good and I just followed them for the most part, with the addition of some thread lock on the screws.

[emoji1360][emoji1360] thanks for the tips, and I just put on an APRacing RadiCAL BBK very recently, haven’t used it at the track yet. I have been curious to see if/how much brake pedal travel is reduced!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Well, this is the "small" pedal. Razo has the same pedal in a "large" version, which I would imagine would take up more of the gap that you feel is too wide. For me, I wouldn't want it any close.

Also, can you clarify when you said I've got the accelerator pedal too high relative to the gas? Did you mean relative to the brake? If so, you would just use a smaller spacer bushing set, as I stated before they include 3 sizes, plus the option of not using any spacers. I went with the tallest, and it is exactly what I wanted.

10/10

That pedal looks awesome. Thanks for the pictures! The gap looks great, i agree when you make them closer it can cause issues and having the gas pedal raised some definitely helps.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

CBR2

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe Aftermarket Is Best After All

Think I'm gonna scrap the DIY project and go with this aftermarket piece.

Attachments

• mrg-9645_xl.jpg
    mrg-9645_xl.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 839

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
RAZO RP81.jpg
Well, this is the "small" pedal. Razo has the same pedal in a "large" version, which I would imagine would take up more of the gap that you feel is too wide. For me, I wouldn't want it any close.

FWIW, according to Razo:

• Razo RP81A is 4.5" X 2.0" +1.0"
  • Razo RP82A is 5.0" X 2.5" +1.0"

Last edited:

wave

Ready to race!
Beat me to it :p I didn't realize the "large" version wasn't much larger. I'm sure that extra half inch wider and taller would really help with the gap for people who think the small pedal is still not close enough. I might add that the gimmicky looking extension piece actually works very well functionally, and is very strong, like the rest of the pedal.

FWIW, according to Razo:

• Razo RP81A is 4.5" X 2.0" +1.0"
  • Razo RP82A is 5.0" X 2.5" +1.0"

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
It takes less than 30 seconds to remove the gas pedal. Good prank for cars and coffee? Below is the larger Revo RP82A. I took my time to line up everything perfectly and it’s nice and secure. I only have 30 minutes of seat time but I would recommend

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Damn, ordered the smaller one. Not sure which one I should get TBH, if I should send the small back when it comes in and get the large.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
[emoji1303]

What spacers did you use, if any?[emoji848]

For now the large spacer is installed, see the first picture. The second picture of the side has no spacer installed. Using a spacer to make a 2-tier pedal does feel a little odd. If I don’t get used to it within a couple days I’ll remove the spacer to have a flat pedal. The pedal cover adds about the right height by itself.

As for the size, I wouldn’t want anything smaller. I will not be needing the Revo brake and clutch pedals since with the gas cover adjusted all the way wide, it was already too close to the brake pedal for my preference. I have now adjusted the width narrower than in my first photo.

Before the GTI I had a Legacy GT where I could downshift and pretend to be Colin McRae. I’m getting that feeling again!

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Damn, ordered the smaller one. Not sure which one I should get TBH, if I should send the small back when it comes in and get the large.

I had to pondered it for a day or two until I got the dimensions for both.
From what yira is saying, you should be ok with the 81A, as it has 1" of adjustment also.
But in the end, it comes down to personal preference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3rdfI28s0

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Maybe my driving style is just different, but I personally love the pedal placement in the Mk7. It's perfect for me to blip the throttle with the right side of my right foot while I'm braking and downshifting.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
I will most likely be ordering a set of pedals from Ultimate Pedals soon. They look quite nice, and are supposedly matched in shape to the stock pedals. You can have the gas pedal width extended in increments up to an inch. I can report back if I get them.