GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philthy's GTI Sport Tornado Red

PPhilthy

Just picked up 2017 GTI Sport and kicking off my Journal... I purchased it from VW of Union NJ, and got a good deal, 8k off MSRP. Had to wait a week for them to locate and deliver the car, but I was very specific on what I wanted, GTI Sport with DSG. I dislike sunroofs, the plaid seats were a must and I wanted all the performance goodies...bi-xenon headlights, the bigger brakes from the Golf R, and the limited-slip VAQ differential. To me the Sport is the perfect GTI for enthusiasts, and just had to have one...they are no longer making them for 2018.

IMG_6233.jpg
IMG_6235.jpg

Overall it's a fun car, but my reference point is pretty high and there are definitely a number of things I'll be modding to make it more to my liking. Fist up was window tint, a must with the lack of a dimming rear view mirror, seriously, what's up with that? :confused:

IMG_6274.jpg
IMG_6276.jpg

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Looks real clean man. Just purchased me a 2018 GTI. I need to figure out how to get my pictures to post inside a post to start my build thread.

Baico

Congratulations, good choice. How did you get 8k off MSRP? I also have a GTI Sport and it was impossible to get a discount.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sport wheels are so much nicer than the other stock options available.

-Much- nicer than the ones that come on the 18s, imo, obviously

Amazing price btw, that makes me jealous as hell.:D

PPhilthy

Looks real clean man. Just purchased me a 2018 GTI. I need to figure out how to get my pictures to post inside a post to start my build thread.

Thank you. I had to reduce the image size in order to get them to upload on the site... Send me a PM if you need any help.

PPhilthy

Congratulations, good choice. How did you get 8k off MSRP? I also have a GTI Sport and it was impossible to get a discount.

There were some great incentives from VW, and the dealer is also going to make some good money on my trade I bet - I was able to save all of the tax on the GTI, so it was a wash for me and plus for them. It was also the last sport 2017 in the North East, according to the dealer, and I had to wait a week for them to locate it and get it to the dealership.

PPhilthy

Sport wheels are so much nicer than the other stock options available.

-Much- nicer than the ones that come on the 18s, imo, obviously

Amazing price btw, that makes me jealous as hell.:D

I agree, I really do like the sport wheels over the other options. Cool to see you're from NJ too...

PPhilthy

Next mod, audio. I’ve been around the car audio competition scene since the late 80’s, damn I just made myself feel old lol, and I’ve accomplished a thing or two before retiring from competition in 2006. After some research and consideration into the goals for the GTI, I decided to go with the Audison Prima APSP G7 kit. It’s a well thought out and interesting design approach that the Audison engineers took.

Still waiting on the AP 6.5 front speakers, harness and AP8.9 Bit amp/processor to arrive from Europe...hoping to complete the install and tuning next weekend depending on when it arrives. Really curious to see what the Audison engineers achieved with the preset tunes as well...I’m pretty confident there’s improvement and performance to be found and shall share my findings shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loonster

Ready to race!
Nice choice. I live in a small town so I didn't have the same options. I got the Austin wheels but I think yours are nicer. Wanted the plaid seats but no dice there either so it was leather for me. Enjoy your new ride.