GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Plus, anyone running it yet?

Sanderskog

Ready to race!
I have a 2017 R with 6K on the clock and keep thinking about getting the APR Plus tune which offers the complimentary warranty. I had a MK5 R that was Stage 1+ and loved it.

I was curious if anyone is running it yet and what your impressions are of the tune and coverage. There seems to be lots of discussion but very few people talking about actually getting it.

Todd

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
The revised plus program has only been out a month. Search stage one 91 octane reviews for people’s thoughts. I’m sure as soon as someone has to use the warranty they will post their experience.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Shouldn't be long. I think you'll find people will be beating the crap out of their DSG's if they bought the warranty.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
Record shows these cars stay reliable with upgrades. There are always instances where things happen.. we just haven't been under those circumstances yet. I cannot comment on the process thus far since we haven't had the need to express it yet.

Pardonmyblue

Just got APR Plus installed, stage 1

Love it. Tune with security blanket warranty. For my still feeling new 2017 R, that was what got me to buy.

Got this done by the good folks at Further Performance here in Minnesota
http://www.furtherperformance.com

6 MT manual, if that matters.

91 octane. Hard to find 93 here. That is to say I don’t have an app that distinguishes 93 and 91, and my usual stations only have 91. Although Google Maps will direct me to Sunoco race gas locations???

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
So the security blanket will get you a new clutch if the clutch goes in the next few thousand miles? I assume yes. But what if it happens a second time?

Clutch is a wear item, it wouldn't be covered, just like it's not covered under the VW warranty past 12 months.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I would like to hear any feed back from anyone going from JB1 to APR+. Others have said HP numbers are pretty close. Like to know if it is a noticeable difference and worth the upgrade.

Pardonmyblue

Clutch as wear item, lemons and lemonade

Should I feel bad that I am kinda looking forward to needing a new clutch next year? If oem clutch fails, as many posts suggest will happen, then I get forced to improve that whole clutch softness thing by going aftermarket.

Cannot see myself eating the $1,000 or whatever labor cost without having to do it.

I love my car, and the APR upgrade is bliss, but it is a fact that my old Mazda 3 clutch-shift action was better.

Sanderskog

Ready to race!
Love it. Tune with security blanket warranty. For my still feeling new 2017 R, that was what got me to buy.

Got this done by the good folks at Further Performance here in Minnesota
http://www.furtherperformance.com

6 MT manual, if that matters.

91 octane. Hard to find 93 here. That is to say I don’t have an app that distinguishes 93 and 91, and my usual stations only have 91. Although Google Maps will direct me to Sunoco race gas locations???

Pardonmyblue, still liking it? I need to pull the trigger on this.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I've been thinking about getting APR +. The only thing is I've yet to hear of really anyones experience with it..