GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Pure White GTD DSG 5 Door

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Well, i finally got around to fitting the rear door warning lights on my GTD. Very straightforward as it turned out.

Postive wire goes to terminal 2 of the electric window motor cable block in the front centre of the door panel. The negative goes to terminal 5 of the door lock module connector at the rear top edge of the door. Note that for the drivers side, cable no 5 is second from the top as you look at it, however on the passenger side, its in exactly the same position (i.e. second from top) but the connector number run top to bottom (rather than bottom to top on the drivers side), so its actually marked terminal #2 on the passenger side not #5 (if that makes sense).

Who thing took about 1 hour for both doors. Wiring details below (drivers side) and images after the installation as well as a little video. Hope you like.

Well, i finally got around to fitting the rear door warning lights on my GTD. Very straightforward as it turned out.

Postive wire goes to terminal 2 of the electric window motor cable block in the front centre of the door panel. The negative goes to terminal 5 of the door lock module connector at the rear top edge of the door. Note that for the drivers side, cable no 5 is second from the top as you look at it, however on the passenger side, its in exactly the same position (i.e. second from top) but the connector number run top to bottom (rather than bottom to top on the drivers side), so its actually marked terminal #2 on the passenger side not #5 (if that makes sense).

Who thing took about 1 hour for both doors. Wiring details below (drivers side) and images after the installation as well as a little video. Hope you like.

Movie
https://flic.kr/p/vgpC7y

Just did this mod on a NAR spec Golf Estate and noticed something interesting. My rear windows are no longer one-touch. Both using front switches and rear. In addition, I can no longer open / close my windows via the key fob wirelessly. Is this something expected after performing this mod per your instructions? Something I need to do in order to reset or retrain the windows? Thanks!

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie

Movie
https://flic.kr/p/vgpC7y

First of all, sorry if i am reviwing a old thread., but there is a relvance to my question below -

For anyone, who got the rear door warning lights working using (user : Sootchucker’s method) or by tapping in to door actuator sensor/micro switch.
After successfully modding working for few years., did anyone had a failed door actuator ?

Meaning the sensor/switch failing to make contacts causing all of the symptopms -

1. Dashboard will not report door open status
2. Interior Dome lights will not work with door opened
3. Particular door warning lights will not work anymore.

I had this mod done both on MK7 Golf and NMS/B7 Passat., rear door actuator failed within few years for the mod, in both of the vehicles., just the microswitch that makes contact to ground failed., eventhough the other functions like door lock/unlocking works fine.
I am thinking that the microswitch (which opens to ground on door open) is not heavy enough to handle the additional load from the LED warning lights. The actuator module itself costs around 170 USD here in US and dont want to spend that much, just for this issue.
if I go ahead replacing the module, will definitely add a transistor/mosfer based trigger circuit to reduce the load on the switch.

Any experience with this issue ?