GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Avi's Tungsten Silver TDI GT

avim28

First post, so i thought id share with you all the new motor. I went for a 2014 2.0 TDI GT Bluemotion in Tungsten Silver. Previous to this i have owned a 2011 VW CC TDI GT, BMW 120D, Seat Ibiza and Ford Focus. I pick up the new car on Friday and i am excited to say the least. I am already thinking of a few mods id like to do. I would like to change the headlights to Golf R reps with the LED U rings. Same with the rear lights, i quiet like the mk7.5 dynamic tail lights, but not sure what that will involve to retrofit. Other than those, i think a new set of alloys should do nicely. Any suggestions, tips and recommendations are welcome. and without further delay... pics!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Nice spec & colour....

Mind you I am bias!!!

For ideas etc in my signature there is a link to my build & another link to all my "How to guides" of factory mods which improve the cars...

That should keep you going for a while...

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
I went for a 2014 2.0 TDI GT Bluemotion

Great choice, cracking car!
For a diesel they are very refined and willing, with plenty of punch from low revs. 60mpg can be achieved if you drive like a granny too!

i quiet like the mk7.5 dynamic tail lights, but not sure what that will involve to retrofit.

For the retrofit of Mk7 or Mk7.5 LED tails you'll need a wiring harness and a number of coding changes.

avim28

Picked up the car today and I am extremely pleased with it! Took it for a quick 30 Mile round trip on a mixture of motorway and A/B roads and it drives like a dream. Just 1 minor detail is missing, the dealer hasn't given me the SD card for the navigation system which seems a little bizarre considering they advertised it with satnav. I will call them tomorrow to resolve. overall very happy!