GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody running UM’s fueling kit?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I bought fuel rails and twin 450 walbro pumps. I also upgraded to ID1300 injectors. I will let ya know how it goes.

Nice! Definitely do. I’ll update my experience as I get all my stuff installed also. Although my setup will just be for pump gas, at least initially :)

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I bought fuel rails and twin 450 walbro pumps. I also upgraded to ID1300 injectors. I will let ya know how it goes.

Is this all precision raceworks stuff? I’m assuming that UM hasn’t really tuned the twin fuel pump setup? Seems like, I’m guessing that’s your issue for fueling tuning referenced on your mpi thread, the twin pumps, off site tuning issue? I’m rather positive they’ve tuned different injector sizes on just the single walbro 450 pump. Has nobody really run the twin pumps yet? I guess you’d really have to be built and pushing a big turbo hard probably on e85 to need that much intank pump, so I assume you’re one of the few that’s all built up trying to burn corn, and they probably haven’t tuned many like you really really pushing it on straight e85

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
Thinking about getting this kit and running full E85 on the stock turbo... but I'm worried as next year I have to pass NYS inspection.. anyone know if doing this fuel upgrade will make it really difficult to pass readiness codes?

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I bought Precision Racewerks fueling kit. Waiting for them to release their dual Walbro 450 in tank pump kit this week. Also getting UM flex fuel kit. Tune is included with kit. http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_61&product_id=87

Regarding "Tune is included with the kit.": Where do you see that mentioned? Definitely not in the link you posted.

So, the kit by itself is useless until UM tunes your ECU to use it, right? ...at an additional cost: ~$400 according to UM.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Thinking about getting this kit and running full E85 on the stock turbo... but I'm worried as next year I have to pass NYS inspection.. anyone know if doing this fuel upgrade will make it really difficult to pass readiness codes?

The fueling kit itself wouldn't affect emissions codes, but the tune to use the fueling kit likely would. I would speak with your UM tuner because they might be able to supply a tune for smog that would allow you to pass, hardware not considered. Visual inspection would probably never see the additional fuel rail because it's under the engine cover.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I don't think he posts on here (only on Vortex I believe) but there is someone I know local doing a UM tune/fueling E85 IS38 build. Just had it on the dyno (dynojet) last month and it put down 380whp and 400wtq on E74. I was trying to find a pic of the dyno sheet outside of what I saw on instagram but I might have to just post that lil guy up. Looks real strong!

Ran 11.7 at 118mph at the track, I think that's "baseline" for now.

Last edited:

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
OK - so the kit is installed, we ran into a couple issues. So it's the PR kit, with 1300cc injectors and Walbro 450 pump. One of the wires was too 'thick' to get into the ECU clip, so we had to cut it and solder it. The other issue was the pressure sensor wiring were reversed which took a LONG time to figure out. So UM was basically done for the day, and I just got the 'canned' tune at 29psi, we were at E72 and managed 360whp/365tq on the Dyno. Fred from UM mentioned that last week they got 410whp on the same kit - so my numbers were lower than what I was expecting, however, it's on a very conservative timing map right now -- so I'm hoping in the next couple weeks I'll get an updated file that will put down more power.

With that being said - The car feels freaking amazing and has so much power now, she definitely sucks you into the seat a lot more -- huge thumbs up from me!

jiannu

Ready to race!
OK - so the kit is installed, we ran into a couple issues. So it's the PR kit, with 1300cc injectors and Walbro 450 pump. One of the wires was too 'thick' to get into the ECU clip, so we had to cut it and solder it. The other issue was the pressure sensor wiring were reversed which took a LONG time to figure out. So UM was basically done for the day, and I just got the 'canned' tune at 29psi, we were at E72 and managed 360whp/365tq on the Dyno. Fred from UM mentioned that last week they got 410whp on the same kit - so my numbers were lower than what I was expecting, however, it's on a very conservative timing map right now -- so I'm hoping in the next couple weeks I'll get an updated file that will put down more power.

With that being said - The car feels freaking amazing and has so much power now, she definitely sucks you into the seat a lot more -- huge thumbs up from me!
Are you on stock is38? Looking so forward to this as I too bought a MPI kit. Not sure on pump yet..... I also plan on using vvt stage 2 turbo. How long was the install? I have the kit with 900cc.

Your whp seems low. What other mods do you have....ic, downpipe,? Those would help you if you dont...

Also you mention that the car has so much more power.... what are you comparing it to (what did you have prior)?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
Are you on stock is38? Looking so forward to this as I too bought a MPI kit. Not sure on pump yet..... I also plan on using vvt stage 2 turbo. How long was the install? I have the kit with 900cc.

Your whp seems low. What other mods do you have....ic, downpipe,? Those would help you if you dont...

Also you mention that the car has so much more power.... what are you comparing it to (what did you have prior)?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My mods are in my Sig -- well previous mods, I was running just the Flex Fuel kit on E40ish, stock IS38, IC/DP/Intake