GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check Engine Light and Subsequent Codes (JB4)

Mattism78

Ready to race!
Only thing I have done to my car (aside from a drop-in filter) is a JB4. I'm currently running Map 2, and have had these codes pop up twice. This past weekend I was on my way to a theme park with my family in the car driving extremely conservative. Car is a 2016 Golf R.

P046300 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
P008700 - Fuel Rail/Sytem Pressure - Too Low
P044100 - EVAP Emission Contr.Sys.Incorrect

I haven't done any tweaking in the settings, just Map 2 and drove it. My care rarely gets driven hard since 90% of my driving is my long work commute. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mattism78

Ready to race!
P008700 - Fuel Rail/Sytem Pressure - Too Low

This one can be fixed by moving FOL to 45.

P044100 - EVAP Emission Contr.Sys.Incorrect

Check gas cap.

P046300 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit

Clear and see if it returns after fixing the above.

I changed the FOL to 50 (per someone on the FB Page) I have yet to drive it. Gas cap is tight.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I used to get the Fuel Rail/Sytem Pressure - Too Low code before I change my FOL to 45. No more fuel pressure low code any more.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
What is FOL?

Fuel Open Loop(FOL): FOL is a bias applied to the HPFP(High Pressure Fuel Pump) pressure signal that the DME (Digital Motor Electronics = ECU) reads to affect the actual HPFP pressure. Higher values of this variable makes the DME see a lower HPFP reading and thus the DME actually raises the true HPFP pressure. If the HPFP or LPFP is weak or the E85 mixture is too high and the FOL value is also high….. typically above 85……. the DME could see a low HPFP pressure and generate a code.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Fuel Open Loop(FOL): FOL is a bias applied to the HPFP(High Pressure Fuel Pump) pressure signal that the DME (Digital Motor Electronics = ECU) reads to affect the actual HPFP pressure. Higher values of this variable makes the DME see a lower HPFP reading and thus the DME actually raises the true HPFP pressure. If the HPFP or LPFP is weak or the E85 mixture is too high and the FOL value is also high….. typically above 85……. the DME could see a low HPFP pressure and generate a code.

Please explain why the OP is having this issue. Assuming he's using no more than 10% ethanol does he have a fuel pump issue?

Last edited: