GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Philadelphia Area Owners, Spotted, Meets, Tuners..etc

WidowsSon13

Spotted a nice mk7 GTI at the Wawa in levittown on new falls and wistar Rd. Think the guy might work there. It has an aftermarket exhaust with some fruity pops and an apr license plate frame.

I live about five minutes from there you think I would have seen him by now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It's that new Wawa on the corner. Looks pretty nice. I didn't know Wawa paid that well, unless there is parental help/ lives at home. I live about 3 miles from there myself.

If you're an AGM or GM, a GTI is definitely affordable, and if a GM then an R is also possible...

am215

Ready to race!
Got my '17 R in October but just found this thread. Currently in the Montgomeryville area but moving to Chestnut Hill next month. Got my R from Smith VW in Wilmington and had a great experience, chose them due to the fact that they are an APR shop, and are mod friendly in that they warranty any mods they install. Haven't done much to mine yet, just an APR short shifter, 42DD bushings, clutch delay valve removal, tint, and Enkei T6S winter rims and tires. Listing it all out, I realize I've done more than I thought lol. Can't wait for West Chester cars and coffee to start back up and for some summer track days!

surprised i havn't seen you in the montgomeryville area. I drive a white gti, although there are a few of them in this area as well

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
Getting ready to head into Wawa for my morning coffee right now... Saw a real sweet white R at the dealer yesterday. Making what I do I should be able to afford an R but somehow even with my income and the wife's combined we don't seem to have a ton left over at the end of the month. Putting a good chunk into retirement , son's college fund, the house etc.. so I guess that explains it.

aw1351

I'm thinking about starting a MK7 Philadelphia/Tristate area group on Facebook. I thought it might be easier to share cool stuff or information on meetups, etc.

Would anyone be interested in joining if I started one?

Also, just picked up my car from Smith VW yesterday after getting a Stage 3 Daily SouthBend clutch installed. I don't have it broken in yet but I highly recommend Smith VW and SouthBend clutches. It has a great feel with crisp engagement

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I'm thinking about starting a MK7 Philadelphia/Tristate area group on Facebook. I thought it might be easier to share cool stuff or information on meetups, etc.

Also, just picked up my car from Smith VW yesterday after getting a Stage 3 Daily SouthBend clutch installed. I don't have it broken in yet but I highly recommend Smith VW and SouthBend clutches. It has a great feel with crisp engagement

Count me in!?????

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

I want in!

WidowsSon13

Same here man. Thought about doing it myself actually. There's already a group called Mk7 tri-state owners though. Almost 600 members on there and they do meets here and there but most of it's in NJ. I planned on doing something more specifically for Philly.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

What was the price installed? I may have the same exact clutch installed there. Or not, depending on their labor charge.

aw1351

What was the price installed? I may have the same exact clutch installed there. Or not, depending on their labor charge.

It was 900 for installation. Took about a day for the install and they price matched the SB Stage 3 daily to a sale price I found for the exact same clutch online after sending them a link. They really do great work and haven't had any issues with anything they've installed for me.