GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R side skirts on GTI?

afman916

Ready to race!
Anyone know how retrofitting R side skirts onto the GTI would work? Only reason I ask is I’ve got some dents on the bottom of the side skirts from the previous owner - I’ve tried pulling them with a dent removal kit and it just isn’t working for me. Body shop estimate is $1,500, no thanks. Thought about Reiger but it’s just a bit too much for my tastes...

Thoughts on cost, practicality, looks? Not sure if it would look unbalanced w/o the R front bumper, but maybe a Maxton lip or similar could help balance it out?

I’m just so tired of my eyes being drawn to the dents along the bottom...but not tired enough to cough up $1,500. Open to other ideas as well!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Then R skirts aren't your solution. They're 580 per side and need to be painted. Would also look weird without the bumpers to match the new body line.

afman916

Ready to race!
Then R skirts aren't your solution. They're 580 per side and need to be painted. Would also look weird without the bumpers to match the new body line.

Yeah, the unbalanced look is what I was afraid of. Didn’t know they ran $580 per side, wasn’t having any luck figuring out part numbers and cost.

Anybody have any unorthodox approaches? Think a paintless dent repair shop would be able to pull them out?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the unbalanced look is what I was afraid of. Didn’t know they ran $580 per side, wasn’t having any luck figuring out part numbers and cost.

Anybody have any unorthodox approaches? Think a paintless dent repair shop would be able to pull them out?

I would at least get an estimate. I have a buddy that does PDR and I've seen him save some stuff that looked pretty horrible.

afman916

Ready to race!
I would at least get an estimate. I have a buddy that does PDR and I've seen him save some stuff that looked pretty horrible.

Great, thanks man I'll see who's around.

Other than Reiger and Oettinger, no other body kits around yet? Did some Googling and searching but didn't find much. Wish there was a simple, classy kit out I could at least look at to entertain.