GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting interior trim

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
There's about 1000 choices and none of them will look OEM, since oem (gti trim anyway) is kinda cheesy carbon fiber "look".

Just get good quality wrapping vinyl from a reputable source and take your time. There's some really good videos on YouTube that'll help you out with some tricks of the trade

If you're gonna watch any video on it make it this one. Having wrapped some roofs and hoods in the past the hard & wrong way this guy makes it much easier!

https://youtu.be/aU8f8pi06Hs

He's got tons of videos but this is a good first step. There's tons of bad advice on wrapping, he shows you how and why.

Also, quaility of material goes a long way. If it doesn't have air bubble relief cuts of some sort on the back side it'll be much harder to work with

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

ofektal12

Ready to race!
There's about 1000 choices and none of them will look OEM, since oem (gti trim anyway) is kinda cheesy carbon fiber "look".

Just get good quality wrapping vinyl from a reputable source and take your time. There's some really good videos on YouTube that'll help you out with some tricks of the trade

If you're gonna watch any video on it make it this one. Having wrapped some roofs and hoods in the past the hard & wrong way this guy makes it much easier!

https://youtu.be/aU8f8pi06Hs

He's got tons of videos but this is a good first step. There's tons of bad advice on wrapping, he shows you how and why.

Also, quaility of material goes a long way. If it doesn't have air bubble relief cuts of some sort on the back side it'll be much harder to work with
yea but i want it black not carbon fiber, isnt it different to wrap small interior parts?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Vinyl wrapping really isn't that hard, especially on the trip pieces that are relatively straight. I say give it a try and if you don't like it just take it off.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
IIWM, I would have a professional do the wrapping. They'll have samples to chose from, so it's one-stop shopping. But I would want to be there when they did them.

If you don't already have them, buy a quality set of trim tools. If you never took the pieces off before study every Youtube video you can find. You don't want to break a tab or clip.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
IIWM, I would have a professional do the wrapping. They'll have samples to chose from, so it's one-stop shopping. But I would want to be there when they did them.

If you don't already have them, buy a quality set of trim tools. If you never took the pieces off before study every Youtube video you can find. You don't want to break a tab or clip.

Removing the panels is the easy part, wrapping them will take some time but im sure i can do that.