GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Apologies if it's poor form to ask for price but what are you guys in the US paying for the obd11 bt adapter and the pro app together? Roughly $78 bucks from the obd11 site?
It was about $65USD for me this past Spring when the Euro exchange rate was weak. Bought the dongle and PRO straight from the OBDeleven site.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Only downside to buying direct from them is it took a few weeks to show up, but i wasn't in a rush at the time and it was the best price. If you want it ASAP there's places like DAP that'll ship it much faster.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
When I pulled the trigger on the OBD11 this year, I bought direct. It was about the same price as local sellers, but I didn’t have to pay sales tax on it, so it was effectively cheaper.

Static-X

Does anyone know how do I disable the parking sensors while driving mode?

It get irritating when I'm stuck in a traffic jam and passing by motorbikes are passing me and activating the parking sensors.

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an OBDeleven pro version and my buddy and I are attempting to code (he is well versed in coding as he does it regularly for his m3). Certain modules (such as central electrics) don’t have certain parameters to code I.E. central electrics < adaptation < access control (this one is missing but apparently should be there). Also certain modules the indicator number is red versus green, not sure if this means I can’t code it because it’s locked out or not able to be changed. I was able to do needle sweep and this function was green. I am very confused and frustrated but I know someone out there knows what I’m missing. I appreciate all and any advice. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dub_guy

Ready to race!
@frosty.mk7: depending on the age of your Mk7, you could be dealing with the "new" database. VW reorganized the data and as such stuff may just be in a different place than you expect. Post what you're trying to do and we may be able to help.

The red circle on the module means that there is a fault on it. Go in to the module and then click "Fault" and it will tell you what it is. You can then clear it as required.

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
@frosty.mk7: depending on the age of your Mk7, you could be dealing with the "new" database. VW reorganized the data and as such stuff may just be in a different place than you expect. Post what you're trying to do and we may be able to help.

The red circle on the module means that there is a fault on it. Go in to the module and then click "Fault" and it will tell you what it is. You can then clear it as required.

Ok so I have a 2017 GTI SE PP. I would like to code the following if anyone can help me out:

Enable Fob with Car Running
Window open/close with fob
Gauge sweep (I know I said I got it to work, but now it doesn't work)
Increase reverse light intensity
set fogs as leaving/coming home
Increase comfort blink to 4
Passenger side mirror dip? (I don't having folding mirrors so I am unsure if this function is even possible)

These are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Thank you again for any and all help!!!

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Ok so I have a 2017 GTI SE PP. I would like to code the following if anyone can help me out:

Enable Fob with Car Running
Window open/close with fob
Gauge sweep (I know I said I got it to work, but now it doesn't work)
Increase reverse light intensity
set fogs as leaving/coming home
Increase comfort blink to 4
Passenger side mirror dip? (I don't having folding mirrors so I am unsure if this function is even possible)

These are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Thank you again for any and all help!!!

So I haven't tried all of those so I can only directly help on a few.
- Window Open Close with fob - instead of Access Control 2, check in ZV Comfort.
- Mirror dip - Some info if it will work properly - http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=320697&postcount=1096
- For anything lighting - check this document - https://www.dropbox.com/s/74b00lkimjonxl6/Lighting Explanation_5_2.pdf?dl=0 - you should be able to find the right channels to adjust in there.
- Fogs as home, I found this (but have not tried it myself) - the setting might be under ZV Komfort again as a guess if you can't find it.

Code:
DRLs and fog lights as Coming/Leaving Home
09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation – 10
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> "Fog light" (default “Low beam”)

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
So I haven't tried all of those so I can only directly help on a few.
- Window Open Close with fob - instead of Access Control 2, check in ZV Comfort.
- Mirror dip - Some info if it will work properly - http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=320697&postcount=1096
- For anything lighting - check this document - https://www.dropbox.com/s/74b00lkimjonxl6/Lighting Explanation_5_2.pdf?dl=0 - you should be able to find the right channels to adjust in there.
- Fogs as home, I found this (but have not tried it myself) - the setting might be under ZV Komfort again as a guess if you can't find it.

Code:
DRLs and fog lights as Coming/Leaving Home
09 - Central Electronics
Adaptation – 10
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten -> "Fog light" (default “Low beam”)

This is good info, I am about to go try it out right now and see if I can get something to work. I really want to get the key fob to work while the car is running. I start my car in the morning and I live in a condo so we have community parking in front of our home. It would be nice to lock the door after my car is started. Any suggestions?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
This is good info, I am about to go try it out right now and see if I can get something to work. I really want to get the key fob to work while the car is running. I start my car in the morning and I live in a condo so we have community parking in front of our home. It would be nice to lock the door after my car is started. Any suggestions?

frosty: try this:

1. Select "central electrics" module
2. Select "security access"
3. Enter the magic number "31347"
4. Select "adaptation"
5. If you have an earlier version module, search for "Access control" and if you have a later version module search for "ZV allgemein"
6. Select "Funk bei Klemme 15 ein" and set value to "active"

Don

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed

4. Select "adaptation"
5 If you have an earlier version module, search for "Access control" and if you have a later version module search for "ZV allgemein"

Don

all these new codes I am trying because I have the new version, it keeps saying "(31) Function not available" when I hold the check mark

Any reason for this?

edit:::: i'm an idiot lol nvm

Last edited:

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed

4. Select "adaptation"
5. If you have an earlier version module, search for "Access control" and if you have a later version module search for "ZV allgemein"

Don

Don, I'm using the new version of OBDeleven, any insight on how to adjust reverse light intensity, setting fogs as coming home lights? Thanks my friend!!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
all these new codes I am trying because I have the new version, it keeps saying "(31) Function not available" when I hold the check mark

Any reason for this?

Could be caused by a number of factors - In my experience, it's good OBD11 hygiene to periodically clear the App cache on your tablet/mobile phone BEFORE you start OBD App. This forces a fresh install of the database in memory cache, which sometimes helps.

The other possible cause could be (and I'm guessing) a failure to enter the correct security code, the first time that you try. Not sure if you are aware, but the control modules in a mk7 get very cranky if the security code isn't entered correctly. There's a "mistake counter" in every module (which you can read) and if this counter is exceeded, the module spits-the-dummy. When this happens, the module will refuse to accept any more entries for a period of time - which is measured with the ignition turned-on. This lock-out time is variable, but about 10 minutes is normal. so, you may think that you have access, but error messages like the one that you posted can arise from these cases.

Don

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Could be caused by a number of factors - In my experience, it's good OBD11 hygiene to periodically clear the App cache on your tablet/mobile phone BEFORE you start OBD App. This forces a fresh install of the database in memory cache, which sometimes helps.

The other possible cause could be (and I'm guessing) a failure to enter the correct security code, the first time that you try. Not sure if you are aware, but the control modules in a mk7 get very cranky if the security code isn't entered correctly. There's a "mistake counter" in every module (which you can read) and if this counter is exceeded, the module spits-the-dummy. When this happens, the module will refuse to accept any more entries for a period of time - which is measured with the ignition turned-on. This lock-out time is variable, but about 10 minutes is normal. so, you may think that you have access, but error messages like the one that you posted can arise from these cases.

Don

yea I edited my post lol. I'm an idiot, I forgot to enter the security code. Any insight on the new code list function for fog lights as coming home lights and increasing the intensity of the reverse lights? Thanks for your help with all of this! PS I am using version 0.9.2.1

Last edited: