GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BCS Center Silencer Delete Pipe With Drone Delete Tube

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Im just saying some ppl cannot justify spending this much on a resonator delete. A muffler shop will do it for 50$ lol. The exhaust will have the same sound, period!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Im just saying some ppl cannot justify spending this much on a resonator delete. A muffler shop will do it for 50$ lol. The exhaust will have the same sound, period!

But this isn't just a "resonator delete".

EDIT: Quarter Wave resonators are used in automotive exhausts to reduce problematic frequencies that cause drone. An exhaust with this pipe might have near the same "tone" as a $50 delete, but will have reduced drone inside of the car, if it does what it's designed to do. Additionally pre-fabbed delete kits like this can be removed and sold on down the line. You can't do that with a crimp bent mig welded piece of pipe.

Everyone has options and preferences, I think this is one for someone who takes tuning one step too far, but in a good way.

Last edited:

BCS Nige

Passed Driver's Ed
But this isn't just a "resonator delete".

EDIT: Quarter Wave resonators are used in automotive exhausts to reduce problematic frequencies that cause drone. An exhaust with this pipe might have near the same "tone" as a $50 delete, but will have reduced drone inside of the car, if it does what it's designed to do. Additionally pre-fabbed delete kits like this can be removed and sold on down the line. You can't do that with a crimp bent mig welded piece of pipe.

Everyone has options and preferences, I think this is one for someone who takes tuning one step too far, but in a good way.

Thank you :D

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Anyone with this kit want to post how they like it? or reviews? Anyone use this with valves coded open?

Looking to add a bit more sound to my car but worried a catback might be too loud. Will be sending OP a PM.

edit sorry just realized previous poster revived a thread from 2017 lol

felipe.dm

Anyone with this kit want to post how they like it? or reviews? Anyone use this with valves coded open?

Looking to add a bit more sound to my car but worried a catback might be too loud. Will be sending OP a PM.

edit sorry just realized previous poster revived a thread from 2017 lol
I mean, they're still making it. I received a pm from them, but would like to hear reviews first.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
I might be interested in giving this a try - my setup is currently IE catted 3" downpipe, S3 resonator delete, and stock exhaust.

Nige had mentioned in this thread that their goal was to reduce/eliminate drone in the 3500-4k rpm range, but my drone is mostly present in the 2800-3500rpm range - mainly when I'm cruising in 6th on the highway. I'm unsure if the tuning on this will actually help me (I guess if the frequencies are the same, it should).

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx