GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st Day of Ownership 2017 DSG

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I can relate, my 2005 STi (backyard built motor) on c16 tune I had 621 whp and 578 wtq versus my un-tuned mk7 GTi with just a TBE (everything else is stock) is a whole lotta fun. My STi even with coilovers, chassis H-brace, sway bar, etc. could not hold a candle to my 2017 GTi w/ DCC in the turns. Can't wait for a turbo upgrade in my MK7, it definitely is a remarkable vehicle that punches below it's weight!!!

FYI, my subie's best pass was a ran 10.7 @ 135 pass before someone unexpectedly ran a related time and they offered a reasonable amount of money for it and it was sold. I was kicked off of the track for not having a roll cage, etc. Good luck fellow enthusiasts!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Well thanks for the good news. Because I would like to upgrade clutches with a long block from APR. Again thanks.

Holy shit this guy means business. Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Holy shit this guy means business. Looking forward to your build.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I had the Evo X and it was 600/510 WHP and this car is more fun.

Hear ya bud, I had a Bolton 11 e85 sti and the R’s just plain better. Look forward to your build and hopefully crazy video clips :)

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Yeah really hope you plan on doing a build thread, really excited to see how everything comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noize1

Ready to race!
Ya, no bud 6700-7000 rpm, occasionally mine will bump 7300, fuel cut, on 1-2 shift, always after a left for some reason

My Uni S1+ does this almost exact scenario, but my limiter is way lower ~6800 or so. Pisses me off. Stupid left turn pull out in heavy traffic.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
My Uni S1+ does this almost exact scenario, but my limiter is way lower ~6800 or so. Pisses me off. Stupid left turn pull out in heavy traffic.

See if when u turn traction control completely off, if yours doesn’t do it.

Mine will only occasionally, as stated earlier, do it with tc on. If I turn it completely off, mines never done it. I do think it’s weird though, I mean when it does do it with tc on, on occasion, it is always after a left turn. I’m positive it has something to do with tc and whatever some other sensor is doing under that weird rare condition after a left, maybe a yaw sensor, if these cars have one.

But anyway, if I turn my tc completely off I’ve never had it do it. If I didn’t have dap I’d have it turned off all the time anyway, but for some odd reason turning off tc, also turns off all the dap shit also and it lights the dash up like an Xmas tree when it’s all off, that bugs me more lol. If I’m screwing around I just turn it all off now, or if I gotta make a U turn at rush hour :)

Noize1

Ready to race!
Thank you for the tip, I will try it. I could turn from a stop in my evolution without any problem and go heavy on the throttle. It was a manual, though. This car gets wheelspin in that scenario,pushes terribly, and always acts kind of funny.