GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Bridgestone Ultra High Performance All Season Tire!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
In the Spring when I installed my summer wheels/ tires my Bridgestone OE RE97 AS tires had reach the end of life. This Summer I thought about what to install come Fall and thought I had to settle for Bridgestone RE970 tires. But in October Bridgestone released a new AS tire the RE 980. Today I ordered from Tirerack. Tires shipped today, arrive Monday. I get a discount from Firestone stores but the closest is 1 hour away and I worry they will scratch the Austins. I plan on using local custom wheel shop that purchased a new tire mounting machine which hopefully will do well. Will keep an eye on them.

Pic below if interested.
The 980’s look like they have more siping and sort of look like snow tires. Should help rain and maybe snow grip.
Snow not a big test in Tennessee so ride quality, noise and wear will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Snow might not be a big issue, but you guys do have a small issue with ice from time to time. I'd be interested to see how these work for you :)

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
This October? I actually like UHP A/S as you don't have to necessarily 'get heat into them' for good traction in most situations. I went with Pirelli over Michelin in this category just for availability. I'll check this video out later! Thanks!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
This October? I actually like UHP A/S as you don't have to necessarily 'get heat into them' for good traction in most situations. I went with Pirelli over Michelin in this category just for availability. I'll check this video out later! Thanks!

YES, this October. 2017.
Early in the month I received my Tire Rack magazine and this tire was listed.
I searched and called but not for sale at the time. Then they listed a 245(not for MK7). Last week I checked and a 225 was now listed for the MK7 GTI.
So very new. I did notice that check on 235/40R18 to see if available yet.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Watched the video. RE980's 50% better snow handling and 25% better tread life is something! They said responsiveness takes getting used to but is good. All in all seems like a solid choice.