GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI, options that are worth getting?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My mk7 is the same as all three VW I've bought brand new. As base as you can get it. 2016 GTI S manual transmission.

Thousands less than the higher packages, negligible performance difference on the street, and for the simple reason I personally prefer cloth over leather seats.

With the left over money you can add a better BBK and an LSD if that's important. Also, most people prefer the replica lighting package headlights over the factory option LP anyway (both rings are illuminated as DRL vs just one in the OEM, and they're not interchangeable)

If you gotta have a sunroof (mk7 sunroofs are known to leak and make noise) you have to jump two packages and about $7000+ for an SE

Everyone has there personal preference, but the base S model is still very well equipped (apple car play, heated seats, etc)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for all the replies! I checked some used dealerships on Cargurus and seems like one GTI has one option and not the other. I can't seem to find a gti w/ dcc, sunroof, lighting package and pp. It's either it has 2 or less of the options. Would it be wise to order a 2016/2017 gti new or just opt for a used one with maybe two of the options? Thanks everyone!

All up to you personally. As you've probably noticed looking at used ones the options don't return hardly any of your investment on resale. So buying a loaded out car used your money goes further vs a new base model vs used base model

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I came from a pano sunroof, always loved sunroofs and considered it a must have. But I wanted a gti and same as gti Jake I wanted it as base as possible. $ wise it just didn’t seem worth it for all the extras the sunroof comes with.

Bought a manual S, and the only time I miss the sunroof is when I would crack it just a little to get some air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Corndart

Thanks for all the replies! I checked some used dealerships on Cargurus and seems like one GTI has one option and not the other. I can't seem to find a gti w/ dcc, sunroof, lighting package and pp. It's either it has 2 or less of the options. Would it be wise to order a 2016/2017 gti new or just opt for a used one with maybe two of the options? Thanks everyone!

With the current pricing on new remaining 2017's, consider going new. People are negotiating 23.5 for a Sport, which has DCC/LP/PP and the best looking plaid cloth seats but no sunroof. This Pac Northwet guy can't imagine living in the south with an all black interior, leather seats, and a sunroof, that the roof will be open a whole bunch but could be mistaken.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
With the current pricing on new remaining 2017's, consider going new. People are negotiating 23.5 for a Sport, which has [strikethrough]DCC[/strikethrough]/LP/PP and the best looking plaid cloth seats but no sunroof. This Pac Northwet guy can't imagine living in the south with an all black interior, leather seats, and a sunroof, that the roof will be open a whole bunch but could be mistaken.

no DCC on Sport. But yeah Sport is 100% best bang for the buck, not taking into account matters of personal preference (doesn't have sunroof, fog lights, leather, or upgraded stereo).

That said, with how crazy low the prices on 2017's are you'd be crazy not to get one. I bet if OP does his homework and email shops a few dealers and gets them to compete he can get an SE for ~25.5K