GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruise Control Shut off

djbryan14

Hi Guys,
I purchased a 'brand new fixed' 2015 Golf SW TDI about 2 months ago. I have taken a couple of road trips already and have noticed that the cruise control keeps shutting off after driving for more than 2 or 3 hours. It is happening more frequently now. The first time it happened once on a 5 hour trip, the second time going to the same destination it happened 2 times, this last trip was about 7 hours and it happened 4 times. Each occurrence happens at least and hour apart from one another. The green cruise light goes off, but there are no other lights that come on - no exclamation point, no CEL, nothing. The cruise stays 'on' but not 'set'. Pressing 'resume' does bring it back up to speed.

Any ideas? or could this mean a trip to the dealer for warranty coverage?

I had a BMW 335d before and it would do this same thing, however it happened when the car experienced the slightest wheel slip. If I went over rail road tracks too fast it would cancel the cruise, but it would show the traction control light. I don't think this is the same, though, as the VW is driving over flat pavement on the interstate.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps it got bored? It will drop out of cruise if the speed drops too low or if you even microscopically touch the brake pedal.

Don't think I've ever made it to more than an hour or so, but I've never had the cruise disengaged when I wasn't expecting it to.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG