GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long DPF Regen ?

Mrleica

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi !

So I was doing a casual drive yesterday when I noticed at a red light that the car is idling at 1000 rpms instead of the usual 800 ! I thought it's doing a dpf regen & since I had a few hours to lose (it's a sunday!), I figured I could enjoy a coffee in 50km nearby city.

I drove there whilst keeping the revs at around 2000 to help the car clear the dpf. Once there, the car was idling at the usual 800 rpm !

Upon return from the 50km journey, the car went again to 1000 rpm after only 10 km, then at another stop it went back to 800, then again jumped to 1000. It kept doing that until I parked in my garage and stopped the car whilst it was at a 1000 rpm ! Didn't hear a fan going on after that.

From what I know, a DPF regene only takes around 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The journey was around 1h30 minutes on a highway and still at the final stop the car was still idling at 1000 rpm !

Does this sound normal ?

Thank you !

Last edited:

Mrleica

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright thanks!

I took the car last week for a radio update and I think they updated the engine firmware or whatever it is called with the fix that concern the Gen3 TDIs ! It's just a thought but could this be the reason behind this strange DPF behaviour ?

Alternatively, is there a way to know the version of the software the car is running ?

Thanks