GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. Honda Pilot

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Cruising on the highway not to far from where I live, a fair amount of traffic for almost 7 in the evening. Just minding my own business when the Pilot in the right lane just drifts into my lane, no signal, doing 5 miles an hour less than the speed limit.

This is where keeping it real goes wrong, or at least almost goes wrong. So, of course I immediately turn on my brights to let this gentleman know he's just cut me off. And he does not like it one bit, not even a second after I hit the brights he's brake checking me. Since he just merged in front of me we're already pretty close so I basically have to come to a complete stop on the highway.

Luckily, a truck driver behind me was really far back so I had no risk of getting rear-ended, but here is this douche in the Pilot sitting ten feet in front of me parked on the road. I check if it's clear quickly and then blast it into the right lane, I chirp the tires but as soon as I get my nose out he starts accelerating.

Obviously hilarity ensues with this moron giving the Pilot the beans and me finding traction in second gear and just lighting him up. Ran it all the way up to the red-line and shifted to third, got some of that tasty boost and was gone.

Ran into a little traffic a bit down the road so this psycho (who must have been quite irate by now and obviously hammering it to catch up) comes into my lane but way far back. He of course hits his brights, I dropped gears and just burned it all the way to my exit.

Sorry for the length of my tail but I figured I had to share my "roll race" against an obvious total a-hole.

Be safe out there people, lot of awesome drivers taking no responsibility for their own actions who are also easily offended, great combo!

:p

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Lol I had the same thing happen nearly with a truck.. it had high beams, flood lights and everything on me. Seriously wtf? So I braked and got behind him then turned on my high beams since he wouldn’t stop. Lol he flips out from that and tries to flash his high beams more ... like was he somehow not realizing he had them on in the middle of the night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tico63

Ready to race!
Had something similar happen to me with an old honda pilot as well lol. He tried to gun it to beat me to the merge and I obviously beat him. At the light, he tells me roll down my window and yells "you want to race my M1?" I was just laughing at him saying yeah let's go :p

He had like 3 people in his car talking shit for racing a honda pilot lol. I'm like you tried to cut me off, you started it, I finished it.

People say audi drivers or bmw drivers are the worst. Pretty much anyone behind the wheel who feels entitled is the worst. Once I went APR STAGE I, I had a lot less anger and would never flash my lights, I'd just step on it and pass them.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Had something similar happen to me with an old honda pilot as well lol. He tried to gun it to beat me to the merge and I obviously beat him. At the light, he tells me roll down my window and yells "you want to race my M1?" I was just laughing at him saying yeah let's go :p

He had like 3 people in his car talking shit for racing a honda pilot lol. I'm like you tried to cut me off, you started it, I finished it.

People say audi drivers or bmw drivers are the worst. Pretty much anyone behind the wheel who feels entitled is the worst. Once I went APR STAGE I, I had a lot less anger and would never flash my lights, I'd just step on it and pass them.

Lol talking shit cause you raced a pilot but it's okay to try to race people in a Honda Pilot.

Tico63

Ready to race!
Lol talking shit cause you raced a pilot but it's okay to try to race people in a Honda Pilot.

Hahaha that was exactly my thought process!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
same thing happened to me with a toyota sienna, even when I hit 110 and weaving others, that van was really trying hard to reach me, not to mention, it took him a good while after I settled down.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Stock MK4,5,6,&7 are limited to 120 something.

That family van probably took 3 miles to hit 110 lol, but come on. A stock mk7 isn't pulling hard on much of anything. Without a tune they're mild to say the least.

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Stock MK4,5,6,&7 are limited to 120 something.

That family van probably took 3 miles to hit 110 lol, but come on. A stock mk7 isn't pulling hard on much of anything. Without a tune they're mild to say the least.

Maybe from low speeds, anything faster than 70 those cars accelerate like a bus