GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7r cts turbo kit boss500 or boss600 ?

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
Man this BOSS kit looks insane. I think I have my upgrade path all planned out now.

Started with Eurodyne 1.5 93 HT bc I liked the flexibility of flashing the ecu myself. Got a CTS CAI on sale (which definitely added noticeable power w/the tune btw). Due to price and reviews, I have a CTS catted DP and torque arm insert in the mail for stg 2 and I'm slowly gathering all the materials for a diy TTRS clutch.

After that it's intercooler (prob unitronic) and then drop in a BOSS kit. Hopefully Eurodyne eventually makes an official tune for the BOSS. Not improbable, as their other tunes were made w/a CTS DP. CTS/Eurodyne could end up being the less expensive and more powerful alternative to cult APR (admittedly their stuff is awesome, but they price gouge for it)

USA

Ready to race!
Man this BOSS kit looks insane. I think I have my upgrade path all planned out now.

Started with Eurodyne 1.5 93 HT bc I liked the flexibility of flashing the ecu myself. Got a CTS CAI on sale (which definitely added noticeable power w/the tune btw). Due to price and reviews, I have a CTS catted DP and torque arm insert in the mail for stg 2 and I'm slowly gathering all the materials for a diy TTRS clutch.

After that it's intercooler (prob unitronic) and then drop in a BOSS kit. Hopefully Eurodyne eventually makes an official tune for the BOSS. Not improbable, as their other tunes were made w/a CTS DP. CTS/Eurodyne could end up being the less expensive and more powerful alternative to cult APR (admittedly their stuff is awesome, but they price gouge for it)
Where did you buy this kit? Any idea on HP/TQ? Thanks for updating

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you buy this kit? Any idea on HP/TQ? Thanks for updating
I'm not sure which kit/mod you're referring to, but I got Eurodyne powertap tool from ecsmotorsports, the CTS stuff from moddedeuros during one of CTS's sales (they've been running sales frequently), and the BOSS 500 or 600 can be ordered from ctsturbo. They say up to 600hp w/ BOSS 600, but it's somewhere in the 400s without a tune. http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_Turbo_MQB_BOSS_MK7_GTI_Golf_R_8V_S3_8V_A3-4956-334.html

The parts for the TTRS clutch kit can be found on the DIY TTRS thread on this forum.

USA

Ready to race!
I'm not sure which kit/mod you're referring to, but I got Eurodyne powertap tool from ecsmotorsports, the CTS stuff from moddedeuros during one of CTS's sales (they've been running sales frequently), and the BOSS 500 or 600 can be ordered from ctsturbo. They say up to 600hp w/ BOSS 600, but it's somewhere in the 400s without a tune. http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_Turbo_MQB_BOSS_MK7_GTI_Golf_R_8V_S3_8V_A3-4956-334.html

The parts for the TTRS clutch kit can be found on the DIY TTRS thread on this forum.
Thank you. I am probably going to get that kit. Garrett turbos are awesome. I have been using Comp turbos lately and blah.

gmi99

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you. I am probably going to get that kit. Garrett turbos are awesome. I have been using Comp turbos lately and blah.
CTS Oktoberfest sale just ended. If you can wait, I bet there will be some nice Black Friday sales

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
i will be going with a boss500 kit in the future and running it with a maestro since i can go stg2 then custom file for the boss kit. luckily my good buddy is 613b6 so i’ll grab a file from him since he already has it running in his A3.
btw that a3 did 11.1@128 on a boss500 kit and stock fueling although that was pushing it to the limit but it shows the potential of the gtx2867.

i may do the boss600 if a drop in rod solution is available at the time of my turbo kit purchase.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
i will be going with a boss500 kit in the future and running it with a maestro since i can go stg2 then custom file for the boss kit. luckily my good buddy is 613b6 so i’ll grab a file from him since he already has it running in his A3.
btw that a3 did 11.1@128 on a boss500 kit and stock fueling although that was pushing it to the limit but it shows the potential of the gtx2867.

i may do the boss600 if a drop in rod solution is available at the time of my turbo kit purchase.

Do you know if 613b6 if using the CTS DV and CTS intake with the BOSS kit?

Travis9935

Ready to race!
What kinds of numbers you pulling with the 500 on stock fueling with like E30? So you can do a custom Ed tune for us? :)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
What kinds of numbers you pulling with the 500 on stock fueling with like E30? So you can do a custom Ed tune for us? :)

I think he runs straight pump gas and Eurodyne is working on a base file for the CTS kit. I'm pretty sure Sam can tweak around that file once its released.

oheyitskev

Ready to race!
I think he runs straight pump gas and Eurodyne is working on a base file for the CTS kit. I'm pretty sure Sam can tweak around that file once its released.
You guys think Sam's tune would run better than the um software? Considering pulling the trigger on the adjustable cable( tuned by um because maestro wasn't available when I blew my stock turbo) , but now I'm considering a custom tune, I already have the power tap tool( I was stage 2 eurodyne before my is38 blew up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
You guys think Sam's tune would run better than the um software? Considering pulling the trigger on the adjustable cable( tuned by um because maestro wasn't available when I blew my stock turbo) , but now I'm considering a custom tune, I already have the power tap tool( I was stage 2 eurodyne before my is38 blew up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Why’d your turbo fail, outta curiosity? I’m assuming you don’t think it was because of the earlier tune if you’re considering going back.