GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NGK 4901/R7437-8 Spark Plugs

MK7R4ME

I'm just getting back into VW's and wanted to get a colder plug for my '16 R. I know APR mentions Denso IKH24 plugs, but I have never had good luck with their plugs. Does anyone know the 1-step colder plug for an NGK ILFR7H? I found a NGK racing plug that is 1-step colder R7437-8, but I need to contact NGK about what racing means (besides being $35/ea). Thank you for any help

MK7R4ME

Thanks! I contacted NGK today and was told that their racing plugs would most likely foul up due to not running constantly @ high RPM's. Funny thing was the rep suggested the Denso for my application =0 Guess I'll give the IKH24 plugs a try.

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
I m using NGK R7437-8 on my 2016 GOLF R and I believed it will be a better alternative than RS7 but I was wrong. RS7 plugs were more stable during engine start feels more suited for stage 2.

It’s been almost 2 months with Stage 3, all I can say the NGK R7437-8 adapted better in stage 3 than stage 2 application.

On my next service, I’m planning to go one step colder with NGK 7437-9. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Choke

OK, I've had Three GOLF's all tuned by APR. The first one a 2011, I never did the NGK Plugs as recommended. One of my Coil Packs went out fairly soon. Just replaced them all at that time. The Second one, 2017 GTI, Changed the Plug within 500 miles. Now I just picked up a semi used 2017 Golf R, already had the Stage I tune. I've noticed its seems like its rough at low Idle, I wondered if the R might have stiffer mounts than the GTI being awd and more power.
If you've ever upgraded your mounts you know what I'm saying. there can be a tad bit of shake to the car. Especially the Dog Leg Bushing. But with my GTI it had the same thing, I remembered. It got very smooth after the Plug change and even more responsive. SO its a recommendation by the people who have spent lots of time and money designing the software SO trust them. Got a set off EBAY Direct form Japan 28$ each 17$ shipping