GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel and air filter change intervals

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
At what miles do the fuel and air filters need changed on the gtd? Also does the car tell you when they need changed? I still have 3 months vw warranty left. I currently have 19700 miles on the car and wasn't sure if these filters need changed around the 20k mark.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Official schedule for UK market.

Fuel Filter : 90k.kms (56k miles)
Air Filter: 90k.kms (56k.miles) or at six years.
Dust & Pollen Filter: 60k.kms(37k miles) or at two years.
Cambelt: 210k.kms(130k.miles) or five years.

Obviously down to personal choice if you wish to change earlier.

Official schedule for UK market.

Fuel Filter : 90k.kms (56k miles)
Air Filter: 90k.kms (56k.miles) or at six years.
Dust & Pollen Filter: 60k.kms(37k miles) or at two years.
Cambelt: 210k.kms(130k.miles) or five years.

Obviously down to personal choice if you wish to change earlier.

Ah, thank you for that info vwman.Just had my UK GTD in for it's second service (fixed).It has only done about 15000 miles and is on a 3 year service plan from new.
Arnold Clark and VW have sent me e mails asking for my feedback on the service.I was going to question why they had only changed the pollen filter and not the air filter or diesel filter.The VW service book and website are about as useful as a chocolate teapot!.They couldn't make it any more difficult.
I'm guessing the only thing i can complain about is why they didn't stamp the 'documentation of the body check' page.They did it on the 1st service but not this time.I think maybe it would be a good idea to drop into the dealer and get it stamped.I even washed it for them beforehand so they wouldn't have to write 'car wet and dirty' on last years service.
Thanks for the info.:)