GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Successfully removed gauge cluster scratches

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
So I ordered the Quixx Acrylic Scratch Remover from ebay (the only way to get that bottle in the USA). I tried it out with the included cotton towel and it did nothing to correct the fine scratches. When the sun hits the cluster, its literally scratch mania. Looks hazy too. What are you guys doing different to get your results? Please share! Thanks!
Worked a treat for me, and my cluster is still clear after many many months since it was done. I followed the instructions on the box. You wipe a little bit on and buff it off, just a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
I use toothpaste.
Actually he is correct. Toothpaste is a (very) mildly abrasive polish. I'm an IT professional and as a tech I have been fixing scratched installation CD's for years with toothpaste.

nocarguy

Made an account just for this

My 2018 GTI was delivered with a deep scratch on the left panel. Was about to schedule a service appointment to get a replacement (apparently the whole assembly needs to be replaced, not just the cover) so I thought might as well give this ago. I got the Quixx headlight restore kit from amazon as the acrylic scratch remover isn't available in US. Apparently the included plastic polish is the same thing.
I used horizontal motion and polished with the included cloth and the foam block as backing. The scratch is gone after about 3 minutes of polishing along with other swirl marks. Also drove around under the sun and don't see any issues. Thanks for the tip.

I left an amazon review and you can get the before and after pictures there:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0072AWXZ6