GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield chip

Amiroquai

Got a stone chip this morning (could see it bounced off the windshield as I was driving). It is very small and I cannot capture it in a photo. It is more of a tiny dimple and there are no hairline cracks extending out of the dimple.

Should I use one of those resin repair kits or could i just safely leave it as is? The cosmetic state of it doesn't bother me as much as the integrity of the windshield, if that's even affected.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I used the VersChem kit from O'Reilly's auto parts store and it worked great. Works on chips smaller than a quarter. Take your time and do a good job and the results are pretty impressive. I had a four pointed star crack and the kit made it about 75% better. Didn't completely disappear but I have to look hard to even see it. More importantly the crack hasn't gotten worse and totally removed any glare from the crack which is important since the crack is right in front of my field of vision. Good luck.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/.../windshield-repair-kit/90110/4776671?q=windsh