GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATL/eastern GA tint shops

afman916

Ready to race!
Anyone have any good recommendations for tint shops around ATL/Athens that will tint the quarter windows up front? Talked with two local shops in Athens and neither are willing to remove trim pieces to get to those windows.

Going 20% on a white car, so if I don't get them tinted it'll end up bugging me. Appreciate any suggestions!

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
I used the Tint Dude in Woodstock, but I would not recommend them: lots of little broken bits of black plastic inside my GTI when I picked it up and the rear spoiler had a ripple from being removed & reinstalled. They did the quarter windows though... 2 folks I work with have used the Car Spa at Windy Hill & Cobb Pkwy and were very happy, but not VW drivers so no quarter windows. Worth a call to Car Spa to see if they will tint them!
Good luck!

PROOFXx

Tintsmith in lawrenceville did mine. great price and will go as dark as you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afman916

Ready to race!
Appreciate the recommendations! Going to check these shops out. I'd echo Nick as well, interested what ya'll paid if you don't mind me asking.

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Just realized I typed the wrong name! I used the Tint Guy of Woodstock, 3M Crystalline 40. Was just under $350 for the GTI.

Xminka

I just got my windows tinted at TintSmith in Lawrenceville super cool guy dropped off my car and was not disappointed when I went to pick it up, he knew the mk7 and which tints worked best so he didnt have to take off trim to tint the small front windows. Cant say anything about the longevity of it but looks great atm! I upgraded from normal tint to the performa tint and was out the door at $290. Waiting to see how well it works at work tomorrow. Oh and like Proofxx said he will go as dark as you want!

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I was a lifetime Glass Tiger fan and even had my MK7 done there but for some reason they can't get it right on this car. Several spots throughout the entire job that left small, clear holes. Not a huge deal if you're not OCD but I haven't had this issue with them before. They're willing to warranty it but what's your time worth to you? Redid the rear windshield and I haven't bothered with the rest since. Also charged me for the price of a SUV.

Rix337

NJ Tinting in Marietta. The guy is the best I have ever used, hands down. I got the conplete car done for $260 including the quarter windows. Tint is absolutely perfect. Also does clear bra protections.

TyTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Got to love those Atlanta prices!! Middle GA highest rated shops are only $225 out the door with lifetime warranty

digitalrurouni

Passed Driver's Ed
Another tint installer I highly recommend in Sun Tinting for those in the Alpharetta area. He does 3M crystalline stuff. Gonna take my GTI in soon and get the front windshield done.