GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control w/ Stage 2 tune

World Famous Z

Ready to race!
So I've noticed that since I've gone stage 2 on my 16 R, that when I go to launch the car, that I get nothing but wheel spin and a very loud "hopping, thumping" from the back right.

I never had the issue prior with stage 1, and I can only attribute this to the extra power naturally.

I'm wanting to get things under control again so I can have the grippy fun launches I used to have.

Will a DSG tune help with this? I've been contemplating it, but not sure if it would actually help with this issue or not.

I cannot complain about how the car drives, it's fantastic, and smooth (REVO stg 2), and it's not like I launch the car much. But it's just one of those things that I would like to figure out, (since I'm a DSG not manual, I cannot simply control the throttle and clutch to help here).

Any insight you guys may have?

Oh and this is on a fully warmed up car, on a pretty warm day (so it's not a matter of cold street temps etc).

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
DSG tune should have been done since stage 1.

However, not sure I see it helping with wheel hop because that is probably more related to chassis, suspension, or haldex.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I have a APR stage 1 tune and the DSG tune.
Higher tire pressure negates wheel hop at the expense of slight tire spin. Try that. 42 psi at launch.

tsigeoff

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the same problem at the track. The research I've read leans towards too much torque in first gear and the car is cutting throttle. I have the ESC fully turned off and the starting vibration deactivated. You are going to have to launch at a lower rpm, say 3000-3500 or get the TCU tune which I believe fixes the problem. I have a jb4 and no tcu tune. I ended up lowering my boost in first gear to 18 and have since gotten clean launches without the bog. My car at 18 psi has way less torque then 27 psi which doesn't allow the car to cut throttle.