GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Poor high speed stability.

translux

Ready to race!
New Golf R DCC with roughly 1,500 miles.
At highway speeds car is not planted, likes to dart all over the place.
Please keep in mind that this is in relative terms.

I've never been a Pirelli fan and have had some version of Pilot Sport's for the last couple decades. So my 1st though is wider PS4's

Could be alignment but the car is stable and doesn't pull at low to moderate speeds. Still going to get this checked.

Is this a fixable or nature of the beast of a shorter wheelbase?

Look forward to feedback.

Thanks

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Can't say that my R is doing that she drives straight as an arrow

Could it be the pavement your riding on is there any groves in the road

Maybe air pressure is out hopefully you resolve this unstable car makes no fun

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Vw are good "planted cars" I have no problems at high speed (80-120mph) at all.
How is your car taking potholes? Just wondering if you might have the plastic plucks (I don't know if you write it like that) but take a look at the springs just to make sure the dealer didn't leave any "surprise" there.

translux

Ready to race!
Can't say that my R is doing that she drives straight as an arrow

Could it be the pavement your riding on is there any groves in the road

Maybe air pressure is out hopefully you resolve this unstable car makes no fun

Thanks for quick reply.
It doesn't feel like tramlining the roads are pretty smooth. I've tried +/- tire pressure all around with no perceivable improvement. I'm going to try lower pressure in the rear this weekend.
My last two cars had magneride and were steady as rocks at any speed. It almost feels like the DCC is confused. From what I understand there is no calibration needed.
At first I thought it was the drive system moving power around but it's still there on light throttle.

Vw are good "planted cars" I have no problems at high speed (80-120mph) at all.
How is your car taking potholes? Just wondering if you might have the plastic plucks (I don't know if you write it like that) but take a look at the springs just to make sure the dealer didn't leave any "surprise" there.
I had read that leaving the pucks in was a problem. I didn't give it a 2nd though as the ride quality is good but potholes can be jarring even on the softest setting. I'll take a look just in case.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I could be wrong, but if I had to bet I would say the toe is off. When I lowered my car my rear toe was suddenly pointing in way too much, and on the highway driving to get it aligned it felt floaty and a bit darty. It wouldn't make sense for your toe to be off on such low miles with stock suspension, but I would get the alignment checked anyways. Maybe try and get it done under warranty.

Also, for as long as my alignment's been good my car has been dead straight and planted at 130-140mph.