GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So , this happened last night. Help?

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Would you accept pizza and wings for a year in lieu of getting it fixed?

I may be in Austin, TX, but my work lanyard is Bills lanyard and as much as I love BBQ and TexMex they can NOT make decent wings and pizza down here...I would have to think pretty hard about that offer (especially if it was from Bocce's)

Hahaha not even kidding , just being the person I am , running through random pointless scenarios in my head I was picturing them offering me that . And to answer your question , absolutely not. Even though their pizza is pretty good. Also, go bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
GOOD NEWS. Literally as I was hitting the submit reply button on my last post I got a call and got up to answer. Happened to be the driver asking me if i'd like to meet up after work to swap info. Very lucky. Guess there are some half way decent people out there. Again, thanks for all the advice guys.

I stand corrected! Glad you're getting everything worked out.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Bigjerm u have just had a rare and fortunate experience in this world. It usually goes the other way in the hellish world of parked car damage. Thank a Guardian Angel and also a couple of rare and decent people at the pizza place.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Get a dash cam. It will pay for itself in no time.

I'm thinking I might look into them after having this happen . But what about the backside of the car ?

RubiksQu

Ready to race!

You can have both front and rear set up like mine. Comes with parking mode, any movement in front of the camera will be recorded. Caught a company van hit and run my front bumper last year. Got a 800$ dollar check to buy better things:)

BigJerm44

Ready to race!

You can have both front and rear set up like mine. Comes with parking mode, any movement in front of the camera will be recorded. Caught a company van hit and run my front bumper last year. Got a 800$ dollar check to buy better things:)

Damn dude, how much does that setup run ya?

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Bought these new from a WRX guy for 250$. The front camera only sells for 225$ at bestbuy. Making this one hell of a deal

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Damn dude, how much does that setup run ya?

I paid 390 for the full thinkware F700 love it. Best camera you can buy front and rear works awesome. It's like having a go-pro continually mounted so I have been able to record some awesome roads

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Bought these new from a WRX guy for 250$. The front camera only sells for 225$ at bestbuy. Making this one hell of a deal

Dang what a steal.. Definitely interested in getting one after this.. still kinda screwed if someone swings a door open into one of the sides though huh... can you view from your iphone at any time too?

I paid 390 for the full thinkware F700 love it. Best camera you can buy front and rear works awesome. It's like having a go-pro continually mounted so I have been able to record some awesome roads
Looks like it's over $400.00 on amazon.. is setup/installation easy? What's it entail? Also, should I be concerned with the rear camera having visibility through the tint on my hatch? Does this record sound as well?

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Dang what a steal.. Definitely interested in getting one after this.. still kinda screwed if someone swings a door open into one of the sides though huh... can you view from your iphone at any time too?

Looks like it's over $400.00 on amazon.. is setup/installation easy? What's it entail? Also, should I be concerned with the rear camera having visibility through the tint on my hatch? Does this record sound as well?

Yup pretty straight forward to install and i have tint on the rear and works fine and picks up sound well.

This was a Thea's by Adam for the F750 but I updated the end of it for the 770 with more pics

Dash cam Install Guide - Thinkware F750 2Channel Front + Rear Camera - MK7 Golf / GTI

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...tex.com/showthread.php?t=7246673&share_type=t

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Cool , thanks for the link. Any other recommendations for front/rear cam setups that may run a little cheaper but show similar quality/features?

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Cool , thanks for the link. Any other recommendations for front/rear cam setups that may run a little cheaper but show similar quality/features?

Another of the top rated ones

BlackSys CH-100B 2 Channel 1080P FULL HD Front and Rear Pro Wide Angle Dashboard Recorder | Dash Cam With G-Sensor + Up to 128gb Memory | Car Parking Mode | Wifi App https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015QIU226/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zT1bzbMQDZC4P

I bought this originally but wanted the night vision feature of the f770 but these to compete hand and hand and are considered the top two dual Channel cams. What I do miss about this one is the fully customizable SD cars feature where you can specify how much space you want each kind of events to take up where as my F770 there are just 3 different format sets.

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Just ordered the thinkware F770. Also an update on the situation. The kid did not want me to go through insurance because he's technically not listed on the policy and said he'd like to pay for it out of pocket if possible and I told him since he was honest I would see what I could do to avoid throwing him under the bus but when it came down to it I had to , and now i'm hearing from his insurance company that they are DENYING responsibility lol. So I've sent our text message conversations displaying him requesting me not let the insurance company know hes a delivery driver etc. etc. along with photos of his car and his policy. Apparently a company is coming out to measure up the damage on my car/ his car to see if it lines up. I think I should still be good , but what do you guys think will happen? Clearly his mother just doesn't want their insurance going up.