GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed S3 Resonator Delete kit on my Golf R

ATTFighter

I'm assuming they didn't cut it perfectly or something like that or not in the correct place. Cause this is the first time I've heard anyone with issues with it. Even 17s

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP
Yea idk it's odd, I watched the guy do it he measured the pipe and everything, made a clean cut and pipe just would not slide on it wasn't the correct size. And I bought the pipe from the same vendor everyone else was buying from.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I know this thread is old, however; I just wanted to state that I bought the Audi S3 OEM Resonator Delete pipe and had it installed today. The pipe did not fit/slide on the side that had to be cut so the shop had to widen the pipe a little bit with the machine and weld it. I have a 2017 Golf R maybe they changed something with the size of the exhaust. Anyways, still looks good and looks OEM, good quality pipe.

FWIW...VW uses exhaust "sleeve" clamps, neither end is supposed to slide over the other end.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Nope I meant the one end of the pipe didn't slide over the other, oops I guess we thought it had to. Well it's slid over it now and welded.

Hahahahhaa oh well ! And I'm not laughing at you at all laughing at the situation cause in a sense it makes sense what you did to solve the issue

ATTFighter

Hahahahhaa oh well ! And I'm not laughing at you at all laughing at the situation cause in a sense it makes sense what you did to solve the issue

Haha yea I'm used to mustangs where all the exhaust parts slide into each other like a glove.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Sounds good! I'm excited to get mine done on 5/13!

You're going to love it. Installed mine myself a few days ago. Cold starts are awesome in 'race' with valves open, and you can hear the exhaust reverberate off buildings with the windows down. Its good fun, just the right amount of sound for the car. Should be standard!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
What really? I thought the fact we had Direct injection and not MPI was the reason we didnt get the burble?
I read that but it doesn't make sense. If it's fuel being bled into the engine on decel doing it, I definitely have pops and burbles on decel after my UM tune. No other fueling mods. It might not be as pronounced but I definitely do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
What really? I thought the fact we had Direct injection and not MPI was the reason we didnt get the burble?

It's still possible to get the pops and burbles but yes because of direct injection it requires some mods and such but Europe OEM is far more burbly and poppy than ours because of the different injection