GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel spacers and rubbing

EdGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone else rubbing with wheel spacers and lowering springs? I'm lowered on VWR springs with the ecs flush setup on my 2-door S manual GTI and seem to figure out where the tire is rubbing....

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Are you on stock wheels? If yes, it should not rub, if you have aftermarket wheels then there is a chance that it will rub.
I'm on VMW +ECS FKit and sometimes the car is full to capacity and I do not rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
Are you on stock wheels? If yes, it should not rub, if you have aftermarket wheels then there is a chance that it will rub.
I'm on VMW +ECS FKit and sometimes the car is full to capacity and I do not rub.

What about when u hit a bump / pot hole???
I really like the look thinking of doing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
What about when u hit a bump / pot hole???
I really like the look thinking of doing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok, so lowered my car Dec 2015, with maybe 11 or 12k miles on it, i now have 25k when I have my girls in the car that a total of 5 and some times I had 5 adults in the car and no rubbing at all. This is with VWR+ ECS flush kit 15&20 with factory wheels ( Austins)
If you have aftermarket wheels or tires other than stock spec chances are that it will rub

Moff2

Passed Driver's Ed
What is the ECS flush mount kit? Is it just a kit of spacers designed to be the perfect fit?
I have Brescias on my GTI, and I have spacers from my S3, (I can't remember what. Maybes 10s and 12s) which I plan to put on the GTI when I lower it (probably VWR).

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Lower it, and put spacers on. The engineers at Volkswagen are clue less. And aftermarket companys have your know it all. At least how to pull a bit of money from your wallet.

AKF427

Ready to race!
19" Santiago's running on Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. 2Dr '16. ECS front/rear spacers. Car not lowered. Kids r real small, and 9.5% of time it's only me in the car.
No rubbing.

What I have noticed is significantly more road grime/shit being kicked up due to the off or "out"set. Mud flaps are butt ugly. Aside from that, best mod I've made. Car looks far more fluid and streamlined w/ spacers. Not something you truly notice until you've installed them & then your like, WOW car looks way better. I would suspect that lowering/19's/and spacers could/would cause rubbing. But that' a guess. Just measure....ECS has mm dimensions, turn the real & measure the space between tire an wheel well.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Lower it, and put spacers on. The engineers at Volkswagen are clue less. And aftermarket companys have your know it all. At least how to pull a bit of money from your wallet.

I like this. :)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Same goes for every other stuff we do to our cars [emoji4]