GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

pretoria alloy wheel refurb

keeton

Passed Driver's Ed
had to have one off my wheels refurbed today but the colour dont look write it hasn't got that aluminium look is this the correct paint code LZ49

keeton

Passed Driver's Ed
i no it looks pretty good on the photo but in the flesh its miles out doing abit of research and alot of people are saying the same about lz49 i think there is a top coat that goes on called blue chrome as from the factory its a 3 stage paint id love just to go to borbet direct and get the paint

mark5555

From that picture, the wheel on the left looks slightly lighter.

From previous colour matching experience, the base can make a difference even if the code is correct. I think it was a oil or water base that could affect overall.

You may well get the whole, 'it's impossible to 100% match' , or 'the sun has altered the original colour' excuse, to avoid the company who did the refurb from having to redo it. Then again if they car about customer service, they may happily redo it FOC.

If you notice a difference now, I suspect you will not be happy until you get it resprayed - or dare I say it, the other 3 wheels also resprayed at the same time.

Good luck in trying to get it sorted to your satisfaction

keeton

Passed Driver's Ed
the one on the left is the original ill try and get a better pic yes iv had all the excuses allredy mark its looking like i might keep this as a spear and get a new rim if they are not willing to budge

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
the one on the left is the original ill try and get a better pic yes iv had all the excuses allredy mark its looking like i might keep this as a spear and get a new rim if they are not willing to budge

yes, i can see the difference even on my screen.. it is not a common wheel colour. I think you have the paint code correct but not 100% sure, i know there is a blue tint to it.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Although I've not used them, I've read on another forum that Lepsons are able to match the colour on Pretoria alloys. One of the members on that forum who is very particular about their car had a Pretoria alloy wheel refurbished and they were really pleased with the colour match.

Might be worth asking whoever refurbished your wheel to contact Lepsons and ask them for details of the powder coat / paint that they use on VW Pretoria alloys.

Website; www.lepsons.com

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd vouch for Lepsons.
I got a Santiago refurbished by them and it's 99.9% like original. They're one of the few wheel refurbishment companies to offer warranty on even diamond cut wheels.

On the flip side my now spare was a refurbished unit from another company and it was crap. White worm set in after 1000 miles and this was with ceramic sealant and weekly washing.

keeton

Passed Driver's Ed
cheers im going to give them a call Tuesday if im write they do a pick up service witch will be handy ill keep everyone posted cheers lads

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd vouch for Lepsons.
I got a Santiago refurbished by them and it's 99.9% like original. They're one of the few wheel refurbishment companies to offer warranty on even diamond cut wheels.

On the flip side my now spare was a refurbished unit from another company and it was crap. White worm set in after 1000 miles and this was with ceramic sealant and weekly washing.

Hi if you wouldn't mind, can I ask how much you paid for the refurb? Many thanks!

pd150

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi if you wouldn't mind, can I ask how much you paid for the refurb? Many thanks!

£107 for the refurb
£12 for a minor straighten
£10 courier

All prices minus vat but including vat came to £155. The damage was pretty minor and would of lived with it now. But the car was new to me and the damage was driving me insane.

I know you can get diamond cut wheels refurbed from other companies quite a bit cheaper. But from the spare I bought which went bad quickly I wouldn't use anyone else unless recommended or have warranty.

Once you refurb most diamond cut wheels more than once or the cut is deep, the finished result is not great (and weak) as you run thin on material. So you really need to get it right 1st time.

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks PD150