GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Oh, ok. That's reasonable and logs look pretty good! The 4 motion must be very cool. Golf(lowercase)r

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What is the actual additive on map 2 for the 1.8? On the intro page it lists different ones. On the gti page it says 24 psi. Is it just set or will it actually target based on your boost safety?

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
I remember reading somewhere that it was not a set number. After looking at my logs I would think that it is a calculated number based on load as the target and the load value on my graphs follow the same curve. They are literally on top of each other but it's just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
So after pushing things a little more to see where the edge is, I got an EPC light and it went into limp mode. It went away after a restart. The code in the JB4 reader was 3AE200. Anyone know what that is? I did hit 25 psi though in fourth
Update:
George said it's an overboost. At 6,000 I was at 17.2 psi and instead of tapering it climbed up to 20.3 psi. No more issues since restart

Last edited:

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
So after pushing things a little more to see where the edge is, I got an EPC light and it went into limp mode. It went away after a restart. The code in the JB4 reader was 3AE200. Anyone know what that is? I did hit 25 psi though in fourth
Update:
George said it's an overboost. At 6,000 I was at 17.2 psi and instead of tapering it climbed up to 20.3 psi. No more issues since restart

Any idea why it overboosted?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Any idea why it overboosted?

No. I did lift my foot at the shift and then floored it again, but I did it quickly and there was no showing it in the log. Maybe I caused a hiccup. The log is weird. It goes from 17.2 right before 6,000 and then climbs back up to 18.9 at 6,150 even though the target was 17.6. I'll play around some more and try another log. I'll datazap the other one

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
No. I did lift my foot at the shift and then floored it again, but I did it quickly and there was no showing it in the log. Maybe I caused a hiccup. The log is weird. It goes from 17.2 right before 6,000 and then climbs back up to 18.9 at 6,150 even though the target was 17.6. I'll play around some more and try another log. I'll datazap the other one

I overboosted once with the jb1. Just 1 random time.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Here is the log. You can see at the end the boost goes back up before I shift and then my AFR drops like a rock. My timing took a hit at the end as well. I dialed it back .5 after this
http://www.datazap.me/u/jcranwell/70-degrees-hit-overboost?log=0&data=1-2-3-4-5-6-11-18-25-26

This is with E85 mix, correct? That is amazing. 23 PSI is +11 over stock boost for the IS12:eek: We need to get you into an IS20 soon so you can help do some pioneering for us there as well!

Edit: I see you are mixing 2.5 gallons of E85 in the other post. Stuff is like magic.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
This is with E85 mix, correct? That is amazing. 23 PSI is +11 over stock boost for the IS12:eek: We need to get you into an IS20 soon so you can help do some pioneering for us there as well!

Edit: I see you are mixing 2.5 gallons of E85 in the other post. Stuff is like magic.

I'm very tempted by the IS20. I'm just not 100% sure I'm going to keep this car. I love it, but knowing that there is an AWD, DSG wagon available now is too tempting. Just wish I didn't have to go to the alltrack to get some options. If I could even just get it equipped the same as my car I'd be happy. Some better seats would be welcome, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. Mine is the limited edition. It was a one year only package to say sorry about the diesels. Lol. And yes, 2.5-3 gallons. If I haven't had any in 2 or more fill ups, I put in 3 gallons. Then I usually just adjust it from there. If I get down to the fuel light coming on, I put in 2.5. It makes a big difference. On another log I shifted early into 4th at around 5,000. When I picked up 4th in a lower than usually rpms, I was hitting 25.1 psi for a second and then it dropped to 24.4 and then 24.1, 23.7. In third I was up around 21 psi when I shifted early around 5,000. The ethanol is really amazing on what it can do.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Your IAT's are getting pretty high. I guess it's that time of the year. The ethanol probably helps you not worry about it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Your IAT's are getting pretty high. I guess it's that time of the year. The ethanol probably helps you not worry about it.

That last log was after I pulled over on a rest area to stop and restart the car. I did I short pull just to see if everything was ok after the EPC. I was sitting at idle for a little bit. The one before that is a little better. Still getting up there though. I need to invest in a 55 gallon drum of ethanol so I can keep everything happy. Lol