GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTF Is This "Loose" Hose on my Air Intake?

spielwurfel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 2014
Hey guys

I was taking a look at my engine bay today and noticed a "loose" hose that goes to the air intake. I say "loose" because I put my finger under it and it seemed to be blocked by either a plain rubber or some kind of membrane. Anyone knows what is it?

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe that's the drain pipe for the intake. Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I believe that's the drain pipe for the intake. Someone else can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not quite...

I believe that it's a police connected to the PCV system. At least that's what it's for on my 2.0t engine.

spielwurfel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 2014
One more helpful video I found:
https://youtu.be/Zj-_bAiPq9Y

So from what I got this hose is there for this secondary air inlet system, but VW thinks we don't need it here in Brazil and didn't install the system on the cars sold here.
Makes sense considering temperatures here are higher and in the winter we hardly get temperatures lower than 10C, since the system is made to speed up Cat heat.

Thanks =)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
So from what I got this hose is there for this secondary air inlet system, but VW thinks we don't need it here in Brazil and didn't install the system on the cars sold here.
Makes sense considering temperatures here are higher and in the winter we hardly get temperatures lower than 10C, since the system is made to speed up Cat heat.

Thanks =)
Could be. I'd check around the engine bay to see if there's a loose hose somewhere.

May also help to visit a local dealership and check under the hood of a few cars and see if they look the same or not.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Could be. I'd check around the engine bay to see if there's a loose hose somewhere.

May also help to visit a local dealership and check under the hood of a few cars and see if they look the same or not.

Best ideas yet especially the last one.