GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tails arrived today

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Just got someone to check, my brake lights work so I can run during daylight atleast. Was looking through the code, everything is how they say it should be, annoying thing is now I know how to do the code myself, could have saved £12.49 instead of using the one touch app. So far this has cost me around £600 to buy the lights, buy the harness, buy the coding unit, will still be money well spent to me if I can just get the red rear lights to come on when I have lights switched on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Yep a lot of money so far hope u get it sorted. I've just found a place in uk supply and fit genuine lights and harness. But it's a whopping £720

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Tbh now that I know how much I'm in by doing it myself.
I would probably go for the £720,
If everythings oem, you know it's done right and I'm sure you'll get a warranty too.
But if I had looked at that price before I did it myself, I would have been like forget it.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Yeh I know what u mean. I don't know if I want to tackle the lights myself incase I run into problems. I really hope u get ur lights sorted as I can imagine how frustrated u are as u have put a lot of money into a really cool upgrade. Hopefully u will be able to sort it out.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Hi mate I had a word with the guys at hazzydayz I spoke about it problem they said if u still can't get them working properly for u to give them a ring and they will sort it out for u at a cost but would be just labour cost as u got the parts already. If u need the number just ask me I'll give to ys

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Hi mate I had a word with the guys at hazzydayz I spoke about it problem they said if u still can't get them working properly for u to give them a ring and they will sort it out for u at a cost but would be just labour cost as u got the parts already. If u need the number just ask me I'll give to ys
Thanks Mikeyd, I actually figured it out, got the rears coming on with the drl and main beams as they should, indicators working 100%. I just don't have the rear fogs but I haven't had the time to look into the coding for them yet, it shouldn't be too dufficult to get them on now that I know what coding needs looked at :).
When I was putting the trin back on though, I realised that I forget to feed a wire through the tailgate so I'm waiting for a terminal wire tool so I can take the wire out of the light plug and feed it back through before I can get the trim back on.
The code was interesting to work with, can dim the lights right down to barely on, can make the entire light flash as an indicator and other fun things, won't be doing any of that though.
Got my new reverse bulbs too but haven't had a chance to get them in either.
Having the full indicator and full C lit up makes a big difference.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
At least u sorted now I get mine fitted on the 8th at a cost of 645
That's better than your last quote. if the guys know what they're doing it shouldn't take much longer than an hour to do. I still look at that and think it's way too much but it isn't really.
The problem with my code was that, (as someone on the obdeleven boards explained well, after I had figured it out myself, he came up with the same code as I did) because I used the DAP harness which is to make US lights work like EU lights. Part of the code turned off the rear light because the US cars use the normal light as an indicator, all I had to do was figure out how to code them back on, which I did by just changing the code they changed 1 code at a time until I got the right one.
Now that I have obdeleven I can code my interior and exterior lights all to LED, I have no errors but it's better that the car knows they are LED which they are.

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
That's better than your last quote. if the guys know what they're doing it shouldn't take much longer than an hour to do. I still look at that and think it's way too much but it isn't really.
The problem with my code was that, (as someone on the obdeleven boards explained well, after I had figured it out myself, he came up with the same code as I did) because I used the DAP harness which is to make US lights work like EU lights. Part of the code turned off the rear light because the US cars use the normal light as an indicator, all I had to do was figure out how to code them back on, which I did by just changing the code they changed 1 code at a time until I got the right one.
Now that I have obdeleven I can code my interior and exterior lights all to LED, I have no errors but it's better that the car knows they are LED which they are.

Nice mate get some pics up when u can

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Nice mate get some pics up when u can

I have the entire c's lit up now, i lowered the brightness but might need to up it a bit. Haven't got around to dimming the plate light yet but should be able to. Blacked out the rear emblem while I was at it

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Very nice indeed I can't wait to get mine done. I still have a choice dark golf r lights of normal gti lights im not sure what would look better on tungsten silver. Hmm any suggestions

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I actually wanted the darker but ended up with cherry red, and it seems the gti cherry are more expensive for some reason? I would prob go darker having the choice but either way is a win

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Is the rear fog on UK lights on the right?

I love the rear fog on these lights. It is BRIGHT! I can see road signs reflecting behind me when I switch it on.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Is the rear fog on UK lights on the right?

I love the rear fog on these lights. It is BRIGHT! I can see road signs reflecting behind me when I switch it on.

I'm pretty sure mine was on the right when I had halogen, I haven't been able to find the correct code to get the fog light working on my LEDs yet though. Just passed MOT so I've got a year to figure it out