GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Compact Hatch Mod

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I can see the Chevy's argument only if the Camry hit the car in front of him before the Camry was hit. Then it would be the Camry's fault. But if the police say it's the Chevy's fault then I would count on that. Police are supposed to talk to all available witnesses to make their conclusion. Unless there are traffic or surveillance cameras that could show differently.

I wouldn't put in a claim with your insurance company just yet. It's easier if you are able to deal with the other guy's insurance yourself, because there's no deductible. Your company is not obligated to get your deductible back although they might as a courtesy. That could take time. If not, then it's up to you to sue in Small Claims Court if the other guy's company doesn't write you a check. I'm old, so I've been through this a few times :) I hope you don't have a stiff neck from the accident. I had one for about 10 months after being rear-ended one time, before there were headrests on cars :)

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad everyone is ok. I was rear ended by a semi truck last week, he even pushed me down the road about 20 ft. Around 3400 in damages and a new car seat for my 1 yr old. Good news...my insurance immediately waived the deductible and my car went in to the shop bad news... my rental is a camry[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Jeez, I hope your 1 year old wasn't in the car. That's awful. Glad everyone's okay.

Yeah my girlfriends neck was a bit sore. Mine was totally fine. I've built up a nice immunity to whip lash from falling on my ass while snowboarding lol. I was told to follow back up with the Chevy's insurance people next Monday if they didn't call me before then. So, that's what I'll do. If they don't have an answer for me by then, I'll start to raise some hell, and try to get it moving along. Judging by the damage to the Camry and Focus vs the damage of the Chevy, it does kind of look like the Chevy has the right story. It looks like the Camry didn't even try to stop. But cars crumple in different ways, so who knows. All I know is I'm not at fault no matter what happens.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Just FYI your rates won't go up if you claim this on your own insurance. Yes you'll pay your deductible, but your insurance will reimburse you for it. I've been hit 4 times since moving to Colorado, 2 while completely stopped and gone through my insurance every time. This is the most painless way to handle the issue unless you have something silly like a 1000 dollar deductible.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
So I called the other guys insurance again on Monday. They still didn't even have a copy of the police report... I sent them mine. They said they're still waiting on the statement from their insured... Very slow over there. I'm going to try them one more time tomorrow, and if there is no progress, I'll be using my own insurance to get it taken care of.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
So I called the other guys insurance again on Monday. They still didn't even have a copy of the police report... I sent them mine. They said they're still waiting on the statement from their insured... Very slow over there. I'm going to try them one more time tomorrow, and if there is no progress, I'll be using my own insurance to get it taken care of.

They have no incentive to be anything but slow. The other guy's insurance company has zero interest in helping you, only in limiting their payouts. Which is why you sick your guys on their guys. Let the lawyers swim in the shark tank together; they've evolved the right sort of teeth.

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
Jeez, I hope your 1 year old wasn't in the car. That's awful. Glad everyone's okay.

Yeah my girlfriends neck was a bit sore. Mine was totally fine. I've built up a nice immunity to whip lash from falling on my ass while snowboarding lol. I was told to follow back up with the Chevy's insurance people next Monday if they didn't call me before then. So, that's what I'll do. If they don't have an answer for me by then, I'll start to raise some hell, and try to get it moving along. Judging by the damage to the Camry and Focus vs the damage of the Chevy, it does kind of look like the Chevy has the right story. It looks like the Camry didn't even try to stop. But cars crumple in different ways, so who knows. All I know is I'm not at fault no matter what happens.
She was in the back seat at the time and Im also pregnant so being pushed around by a semi was a bit unnerving, even though we were only going about 15 mph. Thankfully my little gti kept us safe?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
They have no incentive to be anything but slow. The other guy's insurance company has zero interest in helping you, only in limiting their payouts. Which is why you sick your guys on their guys. Let the lawyers swim in the shark tank together; they've evolved the right sort of teeth.

That's how I have always handled it. I drop it off at my preferred shop, write them a check for my deductible, get picked up by the rental car then go about waiting for my car to be fixed.

The asshole that tboned me was uninsured and my car took a month longer than my rental insurance covered. The city sued him for me, but so far, I've only received 100 bucks of the 700 I'm out because of his stupidity.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
That's how I have always handled it. I drop it off at my preferred shop, write them a check for my deductible, get picked up by the rental car then go about waiting for my car to be fixed.

The asshole that tboned me was uninsured and my car took a month longer than my rental insurance covered. The city sued him for me, but so far, I've only received 100 bucks of the 700 I'm out because of his stupidity.

Sued him for you? Are you sure restitution wasn't part of the criminal judgment for driving without insurance instead? Two very different things.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Sued him for you? Are you sure restitution wasn't part of the criminal judgment for driving without insurance instead? Two very different things.

Whatever it was, he was supposed to pay me the 700 bucks I was out of pocket. And my insurance is going after him for the other 13k.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Yeah so it turns out the at fault persons insurance is waiting on a police report which takes them 4-6 weeks to get apparently. I contacted my insurance, and they also need the police report before they can help me since I'm so new on their plan. They said it takes 6-8 weeks to order a police report lol. I walked into the police station today and got the report. I'll be emailing it to both insurances. What a joke.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah... It took Geico all of an hour to get a police report after some dude ran over my girlfriend's car.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Then your police department sucks. That's ridiculous.