GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Body Shop recommendation Philly Area

rfc89747

Ready to race!
I somehow got a very small ding in my front driver fender. It is almost invisible, but the paint in the fender liner area is pulling up a bit. See the forum post below for details and pictures.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=29313&highlight=minor+ding

I was recommended a paintless dent repair place in Pottstown, but I called 4 times and they never called me back. Also, I guess I'm going to need paint work since it is peeling a bit.

Anyone know a good place for me to get this fix? Should I go to a VW dealer to ensure that everything looks factory when completed? This is the first body work I've ever needed.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Carsmetics in Mount Laurel, NJ (15 mins outside of Philly) took really good care of my dad last month. Good, no bullshit pricing on a non-insurance repair. Good work, good people. Recommended.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
Thank you, I'll check them out. Speaking of insurance repair. If you had a chance to look at the pictures in my other post, do you think it would be worth it to get insurance involved? My deductible for Comp damage is only $100 (I assume comp would cover this), but I'm sure my rates would go up if I submit a claim, and if the insurance free repair wont be too expensive, paying out of pocket would most likely be easier.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Whens the last time you've submitted an insurance claim? You could always ask your insurance company if your rates would go up if you submitted a claim.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
It's been over 5 years, but that was with my previous vehicles that were on Allstate. I had to switch to Geico for the R. So I've only been with them for about a month now. I'll contact them and ask though. If I do file an insurance claim, should I just take it to a VW dealer?

Skwangtang

Ready to race!
I somehow got a very small ding in my front driver fender. It is almost invisible, but the paint in the fender liner area is pulling up a bit. See the forum post below for details and pictures.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?
t=29313&highlight=minor+ding

I was recommended a paintless dent repair place in Pottstown, but I called 4 times and they never called me back. Also, I guess I'm going to need paint work since it is peeling a bit.

Anyone know a good place for me to get this fix? Should I go to a VW dealer to ensure that everything looks factory when completed? This is the first body work I've ever needed.

Was it this guy? http://bobbarberpaintworks.com/

They do the best work. A shelf fell on my dads SHO and scratched it the whole way down. He perfectly paintmatched the metallic paint. He also rebuilt our family A4 after it got broadsided.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
R Miller Autobody in Palmyra PA. Been going to them for over a decade. Any work I need done I still drive there....and I live just outside of DC. I only trust them.

yosoydan

Ready to race!
Just wanted to throw this shop's name into the ring -- Shawn Smith Auto Body in Bensalem, PA. Shawn is an upstanding guy, honest, and he doesn't try to pull fast ones on you. His work is top notch and prices are fair. He did some work for my mom's car and my previous ride. Hope it works out for you.

kfitzpatr

Ready to race!
Carsmetics in Mount Laurel, NJ (15 mins outside of Philly) took really good care of my dad last month. Good, no bullshit pricing on a non-insurance repair. Good work, good people. Recommended.
Hey...what about for badgeless grill notch filling?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
It's been over 5 years, but that was with my previous vehicles that were on Allstate. I had to switch to Geico for the R. So I've only been with them for about a month now. I'll contact them and ask though. If I do file an insurance claim, should I just take it to a VW dealer?

Some dealers do not have a body shop, they use a third party company. Also, dealer body shops are not always the best for repairs. I would do research on the company itself. I cannot speak for this place, but Cavallo Auto Body in West Chester have some very high end vehicles constantly parked in there lot that require repairs. Their ratings are pretty high as well.

rfc89747

Ready to race!
As an update. I ended up being rear ended (there's a separate thread for that) so i'll need more than just that little ding repaired. I found a family friend in the area with a body shop. I trust them to do right by me. Thanks for your input. I'll let you know how it all goes.

eobie

Ready to race!

I second this place. three weeks after buying my car some hit my parked car and damaged the rear bumper. they repaired and painted it for half of what most other places wanted. Did it in 24 hours too...