GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tails and DAP harness

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I've installed my LED tails along with the DAP harness in my 2013 tdi bluemotion in UK.
Before I used coding all lights in the tails where permanently on. I used obdeleven 1 touch DAP app to set coding and have since checked the coding manually and it's all as DAP instructs.
The indicators work perfectly, both inner and outer, lights come on when I hit the brakes as they should.
Now the big problem:
The red lights in the tails don't come on at all with normal driving lighting, they only come on when I hit the brakes so I can't drive in the dark.

Can anybody help me out? It's kind of urgent because I can't drive during the dark without rear lights

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ACE2

Ready to race!
I've installed my LED tails along with the DAP harness in my 2013 tdi bluemotion in UK.
Before I used coding all lights in the tails where permanently on. I used obdeleven 1 touch DAP app to set coding and have since checked the coding manually and it's all as DAP instructs.
The indicators work perfectly, both inner and outer, lights come on when I hit the brakes as they should.
Now the big problem:
The red lights in the tails don't come on at all with normal driving lighting, they only come on when I hit the brakes so I can't drive in the dark.

Can anybody help me out? It's kind of urgent because I can't drive during the dark without rear lights

We're you coded before? For the tails I mean. Like urban joke or something before you got leds?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JBale

Ready to race!
No, no coding done before at all for anything

Hey Daniel,

Since you are in the UK, I don't believe you required the DAP harness. The DAP harness and many other equivalents out there are designed for us with north american cars that do not have rear amber signals at all. Your car would have extra wires already going to the tail lights which makes it easier for you to retrofit the LED tail lights on your RoW golf. You would have only required one wire from the outer tail light to inner on each and you would have been good to go. Since you used their OOBDeleven app, it is likely that you changed numerous values that were not necessary for your vehicle. If you need help feel free to PM me and I can get you the correct coding to get you back to how it should be.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I can go back to original code, coding is in the package and i know now how to do it without the app. When I installed the harness everything was lit up (the brake lights and both indicators) permanently, until I used the code, whichcthen switched off the light as a driving light but everything else functions as should. I guess what I should do is go back to stock, change 1 thing at a time and see what happens?
You could be right but I couldn't find a good answer before I pulled the trigger on the DAP harness

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I'm wondering if it has something to do with this adaptation:

leuchte27nsl rc6-lasttype 27

DAP says to put it to not active, which it is but I don't know what it was before, and when I looked on obdeleven boards about DAP harness coding, that last code isn't mentioned?
I did try rc6 lasttype change to 32-LED,
Rc6 Lichtfunktion a27 to standlicht and rc6 dimwert ab27 to 10 but it didn't make a difference.

Was taken from coding for a different harness I think, but just gave it a go

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Just to get them workin as the r euro leds would work. No dynamic. The rears just don't light up as a driving light, whether I'm on drl or full beams, no light comes off them. Unless I hit the indicator or brake.
On the DAP code sheet it says set to not active

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Right, so, I got a chance to work on this, I went back and changed code DAP changed to see what made a difference and came up with this:
Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion B20 - Changed DAP 'not active' to 'Standlicht something something' did this on both sides and now they come on when I switch lights to drl. I'm not 100% sure if that's correct way to do it as I don't think they are getting brighter when I hit the brake but for now atleast I have rear lights and the tailgate light gives brake warning, shouldn't need to be driving in the dark anyway this week